Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is everyone mounting their s54 swap ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is everyone mounting their s54 swap ecu?

Pics please. I'll be using the e46 m3 engine harness so I can't quite make it to the glove box

anyone?

Comment

Used e46 M3 wiring loom, ECU in glovebox, just cuted and extended MAF connector.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post
        Used e46 M3 wiring loom, ECU in glovebox, just cuted and extended MAF connector.
        Huh? so u extended every wire on the e46m harness to reach glovebox? Cause only the Zs54 harness will let you mount it there.
        sigpic
        E30love

Comment

Originally posted by jink0619 View Post
          Huh? so u extended every wire on the e46m harness to reach glovebox? Cause only the Zs54 harness will let you mount it there.
          I've just extended only MAF connector, other wiring reach glovebox easily, just need to reverse wiring in the plastic box on engine block.

Comment

BMWfanz - any pictures of what you mean?
            I would also like to mount in the glovebox, but my swap is already way over budget, and I can't afford another ~500 for the z3m harness

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
              BMWfanz - any pictures of what you mean?
              I would also like to mount in the glovebox, but my swap is already way over budget, and I can't afford another ~500 for the z3m harness
              Bolt the plastic box on engine block,and you will guess what to do. You need to reverse rubber part of wire with all connectors to the backside and all connectors to ecu will easily reach glovebox except MAF

Comment

I've just extended only MAF connector, other wiring reach glovebox easily, just need to reverse wiring in the plastic box on engine block.
                Ummm I think what you have is a harness from the Zs54 sir cause there's no way the e46m harness easily reaches the glovebox.
                sigpic
                E30love

Comment

From Z3M s54 nothing is needed to extend. I've used M3 E46 wiring from totaled M3 and i have no idea why you thinking this way. My car is running perfect on E46 wire

Comment

From Z3M s54 nothing is needed to extend. I've used M3 E46 wiring from totaled M3 and i have no idea why you thinking this way. My car is running perfect on E46 wire
                    If so then your the only person that has done it, got any pics?
                    sigpic
                    E30love

Comment

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

I extended mine and mounted it where the glovebox was

AK

Comment

That's very clever BMWfanz. :up:
                          Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                            That's very clever BMWfanz. :up:
                            Thanks, Andrew!) I would prefer your plug and play wire, but previous owner of my car ruined the harness , so there was no idea how to do it except custom work)

Comment

Fantastic! you won't be the only one anymore lol
                              sigpic
                              E30love

Comment

Working...
                              X