Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here try the 245/40/15 Maxis RC-1 or VR-1's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here try the 245/40/15 Maxis RC-1 or VR-1's?

What wheel and offsets are you using? I'd like to try and stuff these in.

I had a friend that ran RC-1's recently, brand new, on a well set up car and said they were complete shit. Just for reference. Road course, pretty high temps, lots of long steady-state corners
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Our experience with the RC-1's has been that they're not much faster than the same size 200tw Rival-S or RE71......but they wear like iron and you can actually run a full 20 minute session.

The VR-1's seem decent for a fun dual purpose tire but if lap times count you'll want to be on one of the above mentioned faster 200tw tires.
      -Brad
      My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
        What wheel and offsets are you using? I'd like to try and stuff these in.
        Has anyone got these to work on et20 offset wheels without spacers at the front? My 15x8 TRM C1's are very close with 225/45-15...

Comment

I ran them for track days. Not Hoosier sticky but priced good and wear very well .
          I have 6 tires for sale 4 used 2 new in box if interested . 245x15 I used a 8"rim.
          My car is a scca racer so need to use sticky Hoosiers . 400.00 for all six tires

Comment

So ive run these at two seperate hpdes now. Im running 15x8 trms with 225/45 rc1s. At firat i didnt like them. They didnt feel much grippier than the rivals i had. Wasnt sure what the deal was so i played with tire pressure etc. My car is light at around 2100 lbs. At the last session of the last event i was like to hell with it and dropped pressure down to 26/26. I was mixing it up with some tt3 guys and suddenly the grip was there and i was turning decent laps on em. I think i wasnt pushing them hard enoughand getting them hot enough. When i came in i immediately noticed they had gotten soft because they were finally sluffing like a slick. Anyway im gonna run em again for next event before i throw on my hohos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
              I had a friend that ran RC-1's recently, brand new, on a well set up car and said they were complete shit. Just for reference. Road course, pretty high temps, lots of long steady-state corners
              compared to what? hoosiers?? 100TW tire = not hoosier

RC1 is similar to Nt01; its sidewall is soft and likes smoother inputs; you can actually miss-match them with nt01 they are close enough.

RE71r and RS4 will be roughly 1-1.5 seconds faster than both rc1 and nt01.
              OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                compared to what? hoosiers?? 100TW tire = not hoosier

RC1 is similar to Nt01; its sidewall is soft and likes smoother inputs; you can actually miss-match them with nt01 they are close enough.

RE71r and RS4 will be roughly 1-1.5 seconds faster than both rc1 and nt01.
                Compared to take off Continentals, to RR, to RE71R. They are ok and fun as they slide well and wear similar to granite. Also, the fact that they care so little for camber it would not be too bad of a choice for a DE tire for dual purpose cars with street-able alignment specs. It's a much different feel and car setup than NT01.
                Used to drive E30s.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavlo View Post
                  Compared to take off Continentals, to RR, to RE71R. They are ok and fun as they slide well and wear similar to granite. Also, the fact that they care so little for camber it would not be too bad of a choice for a DE tire for dual purpose cars with street-able alignment specs. It's a much different feel and car setup than NT01.

different feeling yes, lap times = same
                  wear rate = same

if car has non-adjustible dampers + you don't have an alignment rack @ the racetrack and are switching compounds between days; its good enough as same.

In a pinch I've even mix and matched them with nt01 and ran same or faster as all nt01 or all rc1 - front axle nt01 rear axle rc1; no slower than all 4 one or the other.
                  OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I've got them on my 15x10 Jongbloed wheels that I am selling. Haven't had a chance to really try out these tires, I used them for 1 session then it started to rain. FYI I am selling my wheels (I sold my car), PM me if you want to buy them!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X