No announcement yet.

Hankook R-S4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered my RS-4's for the Cayman this weekend. Had fun Saturday burning off the remaining tread on the RS-3's at an Autocross! I'll let you know what I think about the RS-4's once I install them.

Comment

Originally posted by e30if View Post
      I'm running Bilstein Sports with Ireland Engineering Stage 3 springs, and Treehouse racing CAB's. I had to cut a slot into the wheel well plastic at the front to keep the tires from rubbing and I did a slight roll on all the fenders, no rubbing issues that I've found afterwards. I don't have a ton of pictures but this should give you at least a basic idea. Also if anyone is curious the Massive sport brake kit fits in these wheels.

http://imgur.com/a/5mOR1
      Could u post a side shot of those wheels? Thanks
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
      Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

RS-4s came in yesterday. Going to try and get them mounted within the next week. Can't wait to see how they compare to the RS-3!

Untitled by Austin Graner, on Flickr
        Untitled by Austin Graner, on Flickr

Comment

Debating getting the R-S4s in 225/45/15 or Direzza DZ102 in 205/50/15 for my s52 e30 with 15x8 TRM-C1s.
          Car will mainly be driven on the street, but potentially track or auto-x.
          Huge price difference.. Is the increase in width worth it? any other recommendations?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Those are not even comparable tires. The RS-4 is going to have twice the grip but will probably last half as long. Depends on what you want, ultimate grip or longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
              Could u post a side shot of those wheels? Thanks
              Updated the album with a couple straight on pictures of the wheels, I realize now you probably want a full side picture too which I'll add when I get a chance.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like e30if.

Comment

Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
                Debating getting the R-S4s in 225/45/15 or Direzza DZ102 in 205/50/15 for my s52 e30 with 15x8 TRM-C1s.
                Car will mainly be driven on the street, but potentially track or auto-x.
                Huge price difference.. Is the increase in width worth it? any other recommendations?

Tires = handling

If you don't want the performance handling don't buy sticky tires
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                  Tires = handling

If you don't want the performance handling don't buy sticky tires
                  Exactly. Sometimes it blows my mind that people will spend thousands of dollars on suspension parts but they are unwilling to spend an extra $75 a tire to get sticky tires lol. The tires will make a bigger difference than all of that suspension stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                    Exactly. Sometimes it blows my mind that people will spend thousands of dollars on suspension parts but they are unwilling to spend an extra $75 a tire to get sticky tires lol. The tires will make a bigger difference than all of that suspension stuff.

Car would not be in one piece if was running garbage tires.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

The RS4's were great. Tons of grip. Then I lost my brakes, and my car is done. I'm okay, I'll update everyone fully once its all sorted. I'm pretty upset about the car but everyone is physically okay.
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is S52
                      1987 325i Vert
                      1991 325i
                      2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

But it depends on the purpose of the vehicle. Percentage driven on the street and percentage driven on track and autox etc.

Why go with aggressive tires that won't last long if you're primarily on the street?

This is when having two sets of wheels is nice, but not all of us have that luxury. So a less aggressive, but still performance oriented tire is enticing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
                          But it depends on the purpose of the vehicle. Percentage driven on the street and percentage driven on track and autox etc.

Why go with aggressive tires that won't last long if you're primarily on the street?

This is when having two sets of wheels is nice, but not all of us have that luxury. So a less aggressive, but still performance oriented tire is enticing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A point was made that upgrading suspension is a waste of money unless you are running proper tires foremost.

Economy for commuting does not require the consideration for sticky tires; a conflicted situation is something nobody can solve for another.

Comment

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
                            The RS4's were great. Tons of grip. Then I lost my brakes, and my car is done. I'm okay, I'll update everyone fully once its all sorted. I'm pretty upset about the car but everyone is physically okay.
                            Whoa WHAT? I am so sorry to hear that dude!

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                              Whoa WHAT? I am so sorry to hear that dude!
                              Just posted the story in members rides sections explaining what happened.
                              sigpic
                              1991 318is S52
                              1987 325i Vert
                              1991 325i
                              2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I wish they would make them in 225/45/16 :(

Yup they have a 225/50/16 buuuuuuut I guess that's the life I chose when I chose 16s
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X