No announcement yet.

1992 BMW 325ic Convertible E30 - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainly interested in knowing if the locking mechanism still works. The motor that raises and lowers the top can be disabled and it can be moved manually, but if the locking motor that secures the top cover is broken there is no way to actually keep the cover secured in the down position.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
      Mainly interested in knowing if the locking mechanism still works. The motor that raises and lowers the top can be disabled and it can be moved manually, but if the locking motor that secures the top cover is broken there is no way to actually keep the cover secured in the down position.
      The locking mechanism works perfectly fine. The top stays secure in place.

Comment

Nice, that's a common issue with many late model convertibles because both motors die and you can't lock the top cover in place. Not a problem when the top is up, but when it's down you risk a big wind gust flipping it up.

Good to know for any potential buyer. Good luck with your sale, I wish I had a little extra money, I really want this...

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
          Nice, that's a common issue with many late model convertibles because both motors die and you can't lock the top cover in place. Not a problem when the top is up, but when it's down you risk a big wind gust flipping it up.

Good to know for any potential buyer. Good luck with your sale, I wish I had a little extra money, I really want this...
          thanks man

Comment

Working...
          X