Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 BMW 325i coupe 5-Speed Manual Alpine White e30 - No Longer Available

1990 BMW 325i coupe 5-Speed Manual Alpine White e30

I am selling my 1990 BMW 325i in alpine white with the 5-speed gearbox. This car has served its purpose extremely well for the 2.5 years I have owned it. In that time, I have done numerous maintenance tasks, including the timing belt. The only modifications I have done to the vehicle are aftermarket Bilstein Sport dampers, Vogtland springs, and ESM-002R wheels (16", 4-lug, gold/silver), and a Kenwood head unit. The reason I am selling is because I will be moving onto something a little newer in a Fiesta ST (which will hopefully have similar driving dynamics). According to Carfax, the car has never been in an accident. This is an excellent example of an unadulterated e30 with plenty of room for a new owner to make it their own. We're located in Columbia, Missouri.

-- Drivetrain: ~180k original miles. The car runs excellent and has been maintained meticulously by myself and the previous owner (combined ~10 years). It has been by DD (2-3 days/wk) for the past 2.5 years and has given me zero issues besides the clutch master cylinder which I have replaced. Gearbox shifts well. No modifications to the drivetrain.
    Recently: Timing belt, thermostat, clutch master & slave cylinders, accessory belts, crankshaft seal, intermediate seal (all within last 5000 miles)

-- Exterior: Original alpine white paint is in excellent condition for its age. Automobile detailing is a hobby of mine, so I have done my best to restore the paint to as close as possible its original condition. Rust is minimal for a car of this age and is 95% contained to surface and not chassis/structural. There are a few photos which will highlight the small rust areas behind each front wheel well, in front of the driver's rear wheel, the few patches at the bottom of the driver's door, and a patch under the rear tow hook. I will try to be as thorough as possible. Wheels are in like new condition, no rash.

-- Interior: Cloth seats are in fair condition. The driver's seat is fairly torn on the bottom, which is why I have a seat cover on. The remaining seats are in great condition except for a small (2") tear on the top of the rear bench seat. Only 2 cracks on dash! All levers, buttons, and switches function except the glove box latch is missing (still operable) and the hood release lever is often finicky but does not cause problems. The digital clock unit does not work very well, will only display ambient temperature. HVAC works as a 27 year old car's should, but has one missing control knob. Sunroof does not leak and rotating lever works excellent.

-- Chassis/Other: I will include photos of the undercarriage and chassis as best as possible to attempt to show that the small amount of rust this car has is surface. If you would like pictures of specific locations, please contact me.
    - Tires have about 10k miles on them and are wearing very evenly
    - Rear fenders slightly rolled (professionally), as rear tires rubbed slightly after refreshing suspension

-- Things the buyer should know:
    - Odometer ceased functioning about 12k miles ago (reads 168xxx)
    - Speedometer reads 4-5 MPH high
    - 2 dash cracks
    - Car leaks about 3-4 drops of oil per day (according to the garage floor). I have never noticed an appreciable drop in oil level on the dipstick between oil changes which means leaking is minimal and burning of oil is minimal/non-existent
    - Small amount of rust is effectively all surface rust
    - I plan to sell the roof rack and bike racks independently unless someone makes an enticing offer on them. Rack and bars are gutter mount Thule made for a factory Volvo, but bars have been cut down and they fit the e30 chassis perfectly
    - Hood lever finicky, but works 95% of the time. Remaining 5%, can open through grill
    - Original basket weaves and tires may be included

-- Freebies:
    Replacement odometer gears
    Un-opened transmission fluid
    Un-opened differential fluid
    Front lower iS lip

Please contact me with any questions. Not particularly looking for trades but feel free to offer.

List Date: 4/8/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1990 BMW 325i coupe 5-Speed Manual Alpine White e30
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Wish I could get rid of my GTI and get back into an E30. Especially since you're so close to Kansas. GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by dirtythirty91 View Post
      Wish I could get rid of my GTI and get back into an E30. Especially since you're so close to Kansas. GLWS
      GTI you say? I have cash to put on top for a trade if need be. I'll PM you

Comment

Working...
      X