No announcement yet.

944 VS 2002 Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to be a guiney pig and try one of these things out? looks tiny!!
    Last edited by Shftr8; 05-24-2017, 07:50 AM. Reason: revise

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forklift-Sup...wAAOSwiDFYOf~i

Anyone want to be a guiney pig and try one of these things out? looks tiny!!
      Does it work with the factory master cylinder size? I might just be a test pilot.
      1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
      5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
        Does it work with the factory master cylinder size? I might just be a test pilot.
        No clue. but this could be the new go to booster mod for swaps if it could work.

Comment

Would a remote booster work like the V8 swaps use??
          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

I have an S54 and 2002 booster. What do you want measured, the width of the booster?
            The space is TIGHT but the airbox fits unmodified. IMO this is the way to go. You don't have to modify the airbox, the boosters aren't super expensive, and you still have boosted brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
              I have an S54 and 2002 booster. What do you want measured, the width of the booster?
              The space is TIGHT but the airbox fits unmodified. IMO this is the way to go. You don't have to modify the airbox, the boosters aren't super expensive, and you still have boosted brakes.
              Did you have to move the 2002 booster at all or did it fit right in the oem spot?

Also what is the part number?
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
                What's the total width of the booster from side to side or the radius will do? Also what's the part #?

Comment

I believe it's 34331113650 but it's no longer available.

Comment

I would like to just throw out the idea of using an E23 or E32 hydroboost setup, it will require more complicated installation, but the space saving may be worth it, not to mention the alleged outstanding pedal feel. I have both units if anyone wants pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Appleseason View Post
                      I would like to just throw out the idea of using an E23 or E32 hydroboost setup, it will require more complicated installation, but the space saving may be worth it, not to mention the alleged outstanding pedal feel. I have both units if anyone wants pics.
                      Pics would be great

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                        Pics would be great
                        The one on the right is the e32 one, and the one on the left is the e23 one. I've only tried using the e32 one so far and it bolts right up to the e30 brake pedal. Meaning the length for the clevis would not have to be modified. The other two pics are for the supporting hardware, it's a bunch of stuff but it also can be located anywhere in the car.

Sorry for the bad quality, phone camera broke recently.

Last edited by Appleseason; 06-02-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Appleseason View Post
                          The one on the right is the e32 one, and the one on the left is the e23 one. I've only tried using the e32 one so far and it bolts right up to the e30 brake pedal. Meaning the length for the clevis would not have to be modified. The other two pics are for the supporting hardware, it's a bunch of stuff but it also can be located anywhere in the car.

Sorry for the bad quality, phone camera broke recently.

doyou have pics installed

Comment

Originally posted by prada88m3 View Post
                            doyou have pics installed
                            Like I've said, I've only put the e32 one it a point. Here is a picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161204_161235.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	7191018

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161204_161246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	7191019

Comment

Wow sorry....crazy busy recently and I forget to check in here for extended periods. Shoot me a PM Sunday and I can get width for you.
                              Any 2002 (non tii) should work, but if it makes any difference I used one from a 72. I asked on the 2002 forum and got a couple people within a day offering to sell me one. The 2002 guys used to just throw these things away, now they're getting harder to find.
                              I think Centric 160.88150 is the correct one if you can't find a used one off a 2002. You need to cut the rod off the back and weld on the threaded rod and fork from the regular e30 booster - that's what I did anyway

Comment

Rockauto for the win. They have one more in stock if anyone is looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X