This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
    billy sports. reiger infinity replica lip. whats with your sig? 93 with DB up front?
    Glad you noticed the DB, I bought it like that and being a Noob I did not notice it at first, heck it took me more than six months. I knew something was odd about the car but since they had been painted red to match and never had another e30 to compare it with, I could not put mi finger on it. I'm in the process of reverting to the correct plastic bumper/balance etc.

sigpic
    WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

very nice. i had to get the 88+ front end on my car. couldnt stand the short older valence.

have you done springs yet? i see youre looking for eyebrows...if you do that id keep em black. the lip i got was on ebay from a guy in canada. thats the better quality reiger rep on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
        very nice.
        "thats the better quality reiger rep on ebay".
        No I'm sweating the suspension like a first kiss, I was just talking to a Buddy of mine who has Bilstein Sport on his 85 GTI and we are going for a ride at lunch tomorrow so I can make up my mind!!!

Tell me about the vendor and how much did you pay for freight etc. pm me with details please.
        sigpic
        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

vogtland springs (front) stock rear. I wasn't too happy with the rate on these springs. I get a lot of rubbing in hard corners. and when I flex the susp backwards ie: left turn which compresses the left susp. (like entering a slightly steep driveway) my tires rip the $#!* out of my fenders........moral of the story, Don't get drunk and go on Ebay :-(

Comment

Has anyone put hr race springs on a cabrio? Would they work fine without pads?

Comment

i have them or the equivelent on the front of mine ,and i wouldn't go any lower, the rear is another story.... i think for now i'll run stockers and try removing the pads and see if thats enough . i'll keep you posted .
              :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                No I'm sweating the suspension like a first kiss, I was just talking to a Buddy of mine who has Bilstein Sport on his 85 GTI and we are going for a ride at lunch tomorrow so I can make up my mind!!!

Tell me about the vendor and how much did you pay for freight etc. pm me with details please.
                If you want to drive my car, let me know! PM me and we can meet up somewhere.

1987 325iC 5spd

BTS suspension all around (Bilstein sport shocks and "Bilstein" springs, close to H&R coupe rates)
                Sparco strut tower brace
                Treehouse racing CABs
                AKG poly subframe bushings
                IE 19mm rear sway bar
                Turner RSMs

Rides fine, handles fine. Decent daily driver setup. Might be trying M3 style sway bar end links out front soon, try and keep it a bit flatter.

No real good ride hight pics at the moment.

-Dave
                2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Suspension 1990 325iC

HR sports cabrio specific,
                  (the rear is higher than the front, so there's a little rake, which I'm liking more and more.)
                  Bilstein sports
                  Wheels 7.5 x 16, ET20, 225/45

IE rear shock tower reinforcements, E36 M3 shock tower mounts (I think)
                  Stock sways with adjustable ends (made by my friend)
                  Sparco strut brace < any brace is worth every penny >

Replaced all suspension bushings with OEM except-
                  Poly rear trailing arm bushings
                  (I can't see all poly on a cabrio? anyone have all poly?)

4.10 Diff. Not really a suspension mod BUT get one NOW! (It's non-locking but for $75 bucks it's the tits!)

If I had a hard top I would go race springs, all poly, sways, locking diff, etc.

Comment

1989 Cabrio automatic(5-speed swap in progress)

Koni adj shocks
                    eibach Pros
                    IE front/rear sways 19/22
                    RE RSM's
                    M3 offset control bushings
                    All OE bushings etc.. replaced with powerflex
                    Sparco strut tower brace
                    1/2 degree camber plates
                    16x9 rear 16x7.5 fronts with 215/40
                    4.10 lsd
                    e30 m3 steering rack

So far decent ride but its tight as hell, guess its needed for the roads here since Im always over 120mph!!
                    "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

Originally posted by Rufusbird View Post
                      HR sports cabrio specific,
                      (the rear is higher than the front, so there's a little rake, which I'm liking more and more.)
                      Bilstein sports
                      Wheels 7.5 x 16, ET20, 225/45

IE rear shock tower reinforcements, E36 M3 shock tower mounts (I think)
                      Stock sways with adjustable ends (made by my friend)
                      Sparco strut brace < any brace is worth every penny >

Replaced all suspension bushings with OEM except-
                      Poly rear trailing arm bushings
                      (I can't see all poly on a cabrio? anyone have all poly?)

4.10 Diff. Not really a suspension mod BUT get one NOW! (It's non-locking but for $75 bucks it's the tits!)

If I had a hard top I would go race springs, all poly, sways, locking diff, etc.

hey you mind posting up a picture. i'm kinda stuck between these and the vogtland springs. i'm interested in seeing how it looks with the 225/45/16s.

thanks,
                      W

Comment

Hey just noticed this thread

VERT NATION yeah!!!!

See my sig for specs. Will be putting in braces. Thinking of going from H&R Sport to H&R race for more drop.

Rod
                        sigpic
                        Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
                        Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
                        Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
                        Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
                        www.vertnation.com
                        My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Comment

Originally posted by delphini View Post
                          i have them or the equivelent on the front of mine ,and i wouldn't go any lower, the rear is another story.... i think for now i'll run stockers and try removing the pads and see if thats enough . i'll keep you posted .
                          REAR pads upper and lower are out still needs to go down about an inch or so.
                          :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by talltorontoguy View Post
                            Hey just noticed this thread

VERT NATION yeah!!!!

See my sig for specs. Will be putting in braces. Thinking of going from H&R Sport to H&R race for more drop.

Rod
                            Hey Man, I think you should definitely change to H&R Race, and sell me your current st-up. Let me know.
                            sigpic
                            WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

I can't believe how high mine sits on the H&Rs, maybe it's the Vorschlag camber plates? All I know is it needs to be lower!

I have to find some lower springs, maybe the H&R cup kit.

Comment

Glad I came across this thread. Question for you guys, I'm looking to pretty much slam my car or get it low as possible. Trying to fit a decent set of 15 or 16" rim and not really looking to track my car ever. Pretty much looking for the stance. I hoping for something easy on the street/highway and give me a good drop. What are my options and where should I start looking? I think my car has bilstiens on them, but not sure what kind. And as for the springs I will find out tomorrow. TIA!

Comment

Working...
                                X