This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    Interesting. I just noticed that HPR has rental helmets that you can reserve on the website. Good to know for anyone that wants to try it out who doesn't have a helmet.
    Wow, that's awesome!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Try using a 25mm master cylinder for a firm brake pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by g3n0cid3 View Post
        Try using a 25mm master cylinder for a firm brake pedal.
        If the brakes are still soft with a brand new cylinder, putting a bigger cylinder in is not going to help at all.

My bet is that there is still air in the line, somewhere.

Comment

I think it's a leak in a hard line or something in the boster hardware. I've bleed the hell out of it and even had Cal bleed it last year and nothing has fixed it. 25mm master cylinder has different size fittings for the hard lines. At least the M3 one does. Got one and returned it already
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Also, I drove a Ferrari FF tonight...
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
              That is awesome. How was it? Has anybody looked into the "driveline" of the FF. If not, do. It is an engineering nightmare/miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
                That is awesome. How was it? Has anybody looked into the "driveline" of the FF. If not, do. It is an engineering nightmare/miracle.
                I've driven a 599 gtb, F430 spyder, F350, F355, as well as others. I'm truly blessed. None of these cars drive the way you expect. It's hard to appreciate just how fast these cars are until you are behind the wheel. You don't even want to know the expense of owning one, you'd be shocked how much an oil change costs at the Ferrari dealership. I'd say it's safe to say 1% of the owners actually work on their own cars.
                Last edited by conway; 04-14-2012, 03:55 AM.
                Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by griffincox View Post
                  Pretty much any Italian car that runs is a miracle. ;)

Originally posted by conway View Post
                  I've driven a 599 gtb, F430 spyder, F350, F355, as well as others. I'm truly blessed. None of these cars drive the way you expect. It's hard to appreciate just how fast these cars are until you are behind the wheel. You don't even want to know the expense of owning one, you'd be shocked how much an oil change costs at the Ferrari dealership. I'd say it's safe to say 1% of the owners actually work on their own cars.
                  Yeah, the guys that do their own work have the older Ferraris. No way in hell one could work on a newer one DIY-style.

I've had the pleasure of driving the 355 Berlinetta, 360 Modena, 550 Maranello, and a 430 Scuderia. 355 is probably my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                    I'm truly blessed.
                    Same same, I got to drive an Enzo... about 30 feet.:pimp:
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Let's just say I didn't get to drive it very far, but got plenty of time in the pax seat. The performance was fucking amazing, but the eloquence of the design was really captivating. It was just so different from any other super car or Ferrari for that matter. I couldn't find a bad angle. The exhaust note was the best I've ever heard.
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Let's just say I didn't get to drive it very far, but got plenty of time in the pax seat. The performance was fucking amazing, but the eloquence of the design was really captivating. It was just so different from any other super car or Ferrari for that matter. I couldn't find a bad angle. The exhaust note was the best I've ever heard.
                        Did it catch on fire? If not it soon will.
                        89 325i (Sold)
                        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

I've only got to rev up an Enzo. That's the closest i've gotten to driving one...or any super car for that matter. It must be an awesome experience.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Driving exotic and expensive cars is awesome but scary at the same time as they aren't yours...

On the other hand which brake fluid do you guys recomend for Bbk??
                            thanks guys ..
                            sigpic
                            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                            " enjoy the show "

Comment

Ate superblue or typ200 (same fluid, different colors. Guess which one is blue ;))

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                                Ate superblue or typ200 (same fluid, different colors. Guess which one is blue ;))
                                This. There are other more expensive brands, but I don't see the point in them if you aren't racing.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X