Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

320i to 325 spec rad and brake conversion parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

320i to 325 spec rad and brake conversion parts?

Hello Antipodean parliamentary democrats and fellow subjects of Her Majesty!
    Here in Canada I lucked into an European model 1986 320i imported from Serbia by a diplomat.
    It's completely free of rust (a rarity here) but has some parts that were never imported to North America, so I can't easily source spares. It has the tiny M20B20 with Bosch L-Jetronic and the distributor ignition. That stuff never came here, it's all Motronic. That I can deal with until a motor swap, but the little engine is so willing and revvy I want to keep it for a while. It's also so slow I don't get speeding tickets, which is good.

The car has drum brakes, which were never imported to North America, and the radiator is 320i M20B20 specific, with one hose not even available from Germany.

I gather that the 320i and the larger-engined better equipped 323 and 325 were imported to New Zealand and Australia, so maybe somebody can help me out?

What I'm looking for is advice and ideally the proper part numbers to convert the 320 radiator to the 325 style, and to convert the drum brakes and trailing arms to disc, staying with 4-bolt hubs.
    I've stared at RealOEM until my eyes start to hurt, but maybe somebody sheltering from the bat-killing heat has done a rad or brake swap and can send me some part numbers? Please?
    I'm not looking for performance parts (see 'no speeeding tickets', above) just the BMW parts to convert from parts I can't get to parts I can get.

(-1 celsius and snowing, will be -18 on Monday, they say.)
    Attached Files
Working...
X