No announcement yet.

My LC-1 Installation Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have everything else connected proper.. im pretty sure. The purple and green wire, is the power to the fuel pump.. it turns on momentarily when switched on. So ive spliced I to that.. but im stuck as to knowing where to connect the splice to.

Comment

I am not familiar with the wiring on the 325iX, so you'll need to find wiring diagrams and see what's what.

I have also updated the original post to mention that I no longer recommend the Innovate LC-x products.
      Last edited by bmwman91; 07-21-2014, 11:45 AM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

you could use a PWM module off a junkyard E46 and do the same thing. pretty sure you could score one for $25 or less.

it's got power, grounds, and the PWM signal. MS2/3 has enough PWM outputs to control that no problem.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm struggling with the install of my LC-2. There is only a single ground for the LC-2 so the wiring doesn't really match what is here.

I cannibalized a stock O2 sensor harness and spliced the LC-2 into the other half of the original O2 sensor. I popped open the relay as shown in the first post and shorted it. Everything seems to work fine. The engine runs and settles in at stoich after it gets up to temperature, but I am getting a stomp code and hesitation (I think the hesitation is a different issue).

1264: O2 sensor heater

Did I wire this up incorrectly?

Edit: Still running motronic at the moment
          Last edited by jrsaucke; 06-09-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Maybe you accidentally damaged the coil in the relay? I THINK that the O2 heater code is given when it thinks that the relay is not present.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Is there any way to tell if I damaged it without cannibalizing another relay? I do have a spare(s?).

Maybe the solder connection inside is bad. I seem to remember it struggling to take hold on one of the surfaces when I did it, but I thought it eventually took.

Comment

Hmmm is anyone using an LC-2 with motronic without a check engine light?

Comment

thanks for great write up !
                  cheers,
                  Frank

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaucke View Post
                    Is there any way to tell if I damaged it without cannibalizing another relay? I do have a spare(s?).

Maybe the solder connection inside is bad. I seem to remember it struggling to take hold on one of the surfaces when I did it, but I thought it eventually took.
                    Try jumping it with external wiring on the forks instead on your spare relay and see if the CEL goes away. A code is a code and it's directly pointing to the relay and/or wiring so give it a shot!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Is the same procedure required for an mtx-l?

Comment

I am! I have the signal going through the o2 sensor harness. The power comes from somewhere near the cig lighter.

I am about to switch over to a megasquirt unit. Any tips on where I should ground it? Is the shocktower okay for megasquirt?
                        1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Comment

Coming back to this. Still bugging me as I'm about to get the car on the road finally. I checked my relay and there is zero resistance between pins 87 and 30.

Considering putting a normal O2 sensor back in for now...

Comment

Working...
                          X