• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
    Fuel pressure is at 2psi...
    Also volt meter to the wiring harness ignition clips only have 6 volts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well there is your problem, Now the real question, Why.
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
      Well there is your problem, Now the real question, Why.

Well my friend told me to get an eBay fuel pump. So now I ordered a real one. Hopefully that's it. But I doubt it would do anything since the injectors are only at 6v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

I assume your battery is still at 13V?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          I assume your battery is still at 13V?
          it's a new battery i bought a couple weeks ago, everything has 12V except the injector plugs.

i'll check battery volts tonight

Comment

Check your grounds
            We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
              Check your grounds

That's what we thought too, all have been checked and cleaned up. I'm going to get better ground straps and see if that solves the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hook jumper cables up to the motor and then parts of the body to see if grounding is your problem before you go replace the ground strap.
                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

If you're measuring voltage from the injector +12V to the battery negative terminal, then your problem is not grounds. If you're not measuring it that way, measure it that way.

You have something messed up in the injector supply circuit.

Now, if you're measuring from injector +12V terminal to injector - terminal (which should go straight to the ECM), and it shows +6V, then that's a problem. In this case, check continuity from the injector - terminal to the battery negative terminal. If it reads other than open-circuit, then there's a problem in your ECM. You also might want to unplug the ECM and verify continuity and isolation of the injector signal wires.

Comment

it just doesn't make sense. everything has 12v except the injector plugs. but i'll try that with the cables.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                      If you're measuring voltage from the injector +12V to the battery negative terminal, then your problem is not grounds. If you're not measuring it that way, measure it that way.

You have something messed up in the injector supply circuit.

Now, if you're measuring from injector +12V terminal to injector - terminal (which should go straight to the ECM), and it shows +6V, then that's a problem. In this case, check continuity from the injector - terminal to the battery negative terminal. If it reads other than open-circuit, then there's a problem in your ECM. You also might want to unplug the ECM and verify continuity and isolation of the injector signal wires.
                      what i did was turn the key on, used a volt meter to the plug on the harness. and it showed 6v

it's hard to explain.

when you pull the clip off, theres two ports. i put the volt meter to both of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
                        what i did was turn the key on, used a volt meter to the plug on the harness. and it showed 6v

it's hard to explain.

when you pull the clip off, theres two ports. i put the volt meter to both of those.

I would check both pins to ground, if the ECU is pulsing one of the pins you might not see full voltage. One should have a steady 12v when checked to ground. The "ground" pin isn't really to ground, it's to the ECU...

Comment

Is your OBD2 port functional? Ours would not start until the power and ground
                          wires were good.
                          E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                          email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
                          E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
                          E30LS1@gmail.com
                          e30ls1.com

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
                            Is your OBD2 port functional? Ours would not start until the power and ground
                            wires were good.
                            yes it's functional.
                            it starts perfectly fine on starting fluid. but under it's own fuel it won't. i have a new fuel pump coming thursday. hopefully it's that.

also i'll try to individually check the injectors tonight to see if there's 12 or 6v

Comment

if your aftermarket wiring harness still uses a pink wire for one side of the injector wiring plugs that should be +12v key on 100% time , check to a known good ground not the other pin on the injector plug the other wire is signal wire from ecm and only gets grounded when pulsed
                              ~original

Comment

Originally posted by jon2681 View Post
                                if your aftermarket wiring harness still uses a pink wire for one side of the injector wiring plugs that should be +12v key on 100% time , check to a known good ground not the other pin on the injector plug the other wire is signal wire from ecm and only gets grounded when pulsed
                                you're exactly right, it was 12v when i put it to a good ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X