This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    Your interior is going to look amazing once it has all come together, totally worth your time and effort! I see what you mean, would be hard to lock the car in to 17s.

It's all about money availability for me right now lol, hopefully I can get it on the road before the kid comes but I can't promise myself anything

Thanks JP! I'm waiting on a few more pieces to the puzzle, but I'll hopefully have it in the car within a couple weeks.

Yep! I mean I could have done it, but I want a dedicated 15" track setup, with 16-17" fancy wheels to daily on.

Ah yes, trust me I know about the money availability struggle. Every college kid does...
    For me the issue is finding balance between work and school. I want to transfer as soon as possible, but want a decent amount of money to support myself and be financially independent. This semester I let work get a little in the way and I'm not happy about it, next semester I'll cut back and load up on courses again.

Any name ideas yet?

We need a R3V poll to name the baby. Like the dude with the cokgoblr license plate! Haha!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Yoyo - looking for E30 M3 splitters and evo gurney if anyone has one for sale - DM me.
      Crack free dash too for E30 - I'll take it.
      THX
      91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
      ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
        Thanks JP! I'm waiting on a few more pieces to the puzzle, but I'll hopefully have it in the car within a couple weeks.

Yep! I mean I could have done it, but I want a dedicated 15" track setup, with 16-17" fancy wheels to daily on.

Ah yes, trust me I know about the money availability struggle. Every college kid does...
        For me the issue is finding balance between work and school. I want to transfer as soon as possible, but want a decent amount of money to support myself and be financially independent. This semester I let work get a little in the way and I'm not happy about it, next semester I'll cut back and load up on courses again.

Any name ideas yet?

We need a R3V poll to name the baby. Like the dude with the cokgoblr license plate! Haha!
        You are at Cal Maritime right? Where are you thinking about transferring to? Have you had the opportunity to go out on the ship at all? I have a buddy who went to Cal Maritime and just got into strike fighter school- the dude is literally training to be a fighter pilot.

We do actually have a couple of name ideas, but we don't know the gender yet so it's still pretty open. LOL I'll let my wife know that R3V will be naming the baby and that she should prepare herself for the worst ;)

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
          Yoyo - looking for E30 M3 splitters and evo gurney if anyone has one for sale - DM me.
          Crack free dash too for E30 - I'll take it.
          THX
          what did you buy...
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            You are at Cal Maritime right? Where are you thinking about transferring to? Have you had the opportunity to go out on the ship at all? I have a buddy who went to Cal Maritime and just got into strike fighter school- the dude is literally training to be a fighter pilot.

We do actually have a couple of name ideas, but we don't know the gender yet so it's still pretty open. LOL I'll let my wife know that R3V will be naming the baby and that she should prepare herself for the worst ;)

I was for my first semester of college. I ended up transferring to my local JC for a few reasons. I wasn't very happy with the environment as most had different industry goals than I did, I wasn't too sure about my major and they didn't have any others that interrelated me (only 6 majors, all primarily maritime focused). And most importantly the cost. It made more sense for me to figure out what I wanted to do paying far less for a program I wasn't happy with. I was actually accepted into a few schools that I now would reconsider, however I thought that maritime would be the best pick simply due to the less lenient environment. I guess I didn't consider anything else when making my decision.

Anyway, I have about 3 more semesters here at my JC simply due to the fact I have to get through calc 3, differentials, and linear algebra and I can't really cram those into less time. The goal school is still Cal Poly, but I'm considering local state schools as a backup since I don't want to be too far from home.

Haha I think she'll definitely like the idea. What can go wrong!?

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

who dis

cars beep boop

Comment

This week I've:

1) Finally installed my rear bumper. Only took 2 years and 2 body shops..
                2) Fixed the trunk light and installed a 2nd
                3) Fixed the check panel
                4) Replaced blower motor
                5) Fixed the trunk lock power unit
                6) Replaced the broken hard top mounts
                7) Rebuilt the driver's seat
                8) Tore down the passenger seat
                9) Fixed the short in the driver's side speakers
                10) New antenna
                11) Installed the Innovative Goods shift light
                12) Innovative Goods one-touch windows
                13) Innovative goods windshield wipers
                14) Fixed the Odometer

Washed and Waxed and Drove. Feels good.
                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                  I was for my first semester of college. I ended up transferring to my local JC for a few reasons. I wasn't very happy with the environment as most had different industry goals than I did, I wasn't too sure about my major and they didn't have any others that interrelated me (only 6 majors, all primarily maritime focused). And most importantly the cost. It made more sense for me to figure out what I wanted to do paying far less for a program I wasn't happy with. I was actually accepted into a few schools that I now would reconsider, however I thought that maritime would be the best pick simply due to the less lenient environment. I guess I didn't consider anything else when making my decision.

Anyway, I have about 3 more semesters here at my JC simply due to the fact I have to get through calc 3, differentials, and linear algebra and I can't really cram those into less time. The goal school is still Cal Poly, but I'm considering local state schools as a backup since I don't want to be too far from home.

Haha I think she'll definitely like the idea. What can go wrong!?
                  JCs are really a great way to go, especially when you are a little unsure about what you want to do. Here in the Bay Area we have excellent JCs which makes it even easier of a decision. Cal Poly will be awesome, I love the central coast!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

hi my jeep exploded and then i put a dogleg in my e30 but the diff is too short.

anyone have a 2.93 clutch-type but want a 3.25 torsen?
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      hi my jeep exploded and then i put a dogleg in my e30 but the diff is too short.

What happened to the jeep?

Isn't the 3.25 + dogleg the same as e36 m3 stock gearing?

also want an m3/4/5?
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        What happened to the jeep?

Isn't the 3.25 + dogleg the same as e36 m3 stock gearing?

also want an m3/4/5?
                        blown headgasket + cracked head

it is, but it sits at like 3800 at highway speed cause the tire diameter's smaller

and, finally, no but i might know a guy
                        cars beep boop

Comment

blown headgasket + cracked head

it is, but it sits at like 3800 at highway speed cause the tire diameter's smaller

and, finally, no but i might know a guy
                          Oof that sucks. Going to fix it? That gearing would be annoying, that's 3.91+ZF5 territory.

we should talk on m3 things.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

yeah, just 1-clicked a new head from amazon, of all places
                            cars beep boop

Comment

yeah, just 1-clicked a new head from amazon, of all places
                              man, freaking jeeps.

any interest in bmw cca autox 5/13 (at Marina)? Registration just opened and I signed up. I'm running in LOL class.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

My dad may be interested. He's been toying with putting something a little shorter on his ES. I'll PM you if he is.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X