Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    On another note, a company-wide email was sent out today:

"[Workplace] will place 44 employees who work at our facilities on layoff in response to a significant reduction in planned workload. The layoffs will encompass three different classifications, including 35 [My classification], 5 blah blahs and 4 other blahs."

Looking at old seniority lists, I'm 65ish up from the bottom, but a few of my buddies got the axe. It's actually complete shit, because most of the people at the bottom of the seniority list were good. A few ex-mil guys and a load of guys/girls fresh out of school that haven't been poisoned by all the sour fucks yet.

I think firing on seniority is bullshit. Then your have useless fucks who've been there forever and don't do anything, and you can't get fresh minds in to progress, because they are the first ones to get axed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      Yeah. Not super enthusiastic about it though.
      Yea I'm thankful we don't have a Union here. Otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to learn every aspect of the equipment and work that is done.

We have had guys from the Union side of the railroad come to work. They end up being really good at 1 particular thing, but are lost everywhere else. It's sad really, because it does not prepare you for much else in life.

Plus, I wouldn't have been able to raise to the position I'm at in the short amount of time. I wanted it, and because I am motivated I have gone right past a lot of the guys here.

Unions have their place, but if your management team actually gives a shit about their employees, a Union will just get into the way of productivity, and the Careers of those who really want to climb the ranks.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

"The world of Oz is a very funny place
        Where everyone wears a funny, funny face
        And all the streets are paved with gold
        And no one ever grows old"

Awoke to those lyrics this morning in my head. Cartoon is like from the 60's
        fml :/
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

This is starting off as a great day!

I leave for work at 7:30am, and return home about 6:30pm.

Local UPS Store, which has a package for pickup of mine, opens at 8am, closes at 6pm.

I need to pick up the package today, so I figure I'll be a few minutes late to work, but I'll swing by and pick it up.

8:22am, still nobody has shown up to even open the store. Fuck.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            This is starting off as a great day!

I leave for work at 7:30am, and return home about 6:30pm.

Local UPS Store, which has a package for pickup of mine, opens at 8am, closes at 6pm.

I need to pick up the package today, so I figure I'll be a few minutes late to work, but I'll swing by and pick it up.

8:22am, still nobody has shown up to even open the store. Fuck.

Why did you have to pick it up?
            BMW tech
            Umass Amherst
            05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
              Why did you have to pick it up?
              Probably because he needs to sign for it and missed delivery two or three times. Or because it's a crate of rocket motors and fuel for the S4.

Comment

Just saw a description for a House of Cards episode:

"Claire and Frank engage in backdoor maneuvering."

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Good show btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                  '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                  '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

An episode all about Meechum?
                    Swanny!
                    SUCKERS.

Comment

Probably because he needs to sign for it and missed delivery two or three times. Or because it's a crate of rocket motors and fuel for the S4.
                      Lol I do need to find a good source of methanol soon or I'll be back to washer fluid+ heet.

Honestly though anytime I have a package worth $200 or more, I have them hold it and pick up usually on my way to work.

The guy showed up exactly one hour late though. I called corporate while I was waiting, they sounded pretty interested in finding out why stores aren't opening at their posted times.

Also, I started watching Sons of Anarchy again. Holy shit things get interesting at the end of season 3 and into 4.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

... Otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to learn every aspect of the equipment and work that is done.

We have had guys from the Union side of the railroad come to work. They end up being really good at 1 particular thing, but are lost everywhere else. It's sad really, because it does not prepare you for much else in life.
                        Both of these things 100% apply to the union I'm in. Through school, we were trained in much more than we're allowed to do here at work. Basic welding, Liquid penetrant NDT, Hydraulic lines/fittings, painting and other chemical conversion coatings like Alodine. All of that somehow falls under some other trade. I'm somewhat divided on how I feel about it, but if I had the option to do it all myself, I'd probably go for it.

There are a lot of people in some sections of the company who have been "pigeon holed" into one job. Some people just do interior finishings, some do windows, some do fuel tank work, some do flight controls. And I found it really strange coming from another department where everyone was cross trained to do as much as possible. Recently they've made an effort to jumble everyone up and cross train them, but everyone hates it.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

^ also this is proof that I didn't die while installing that new breaker/circuit for the welder. Going to try it out tonight.

Comment

Lol I do need to find a good source of methanol soon or I'll be back to washer fluid+ heet.
                            You run washer fluid + heet? what sort of mix does that end up being. I thought about either using methyl hydrate from the paint isle at home depot/canadian tire/walmart at ~$11/4L and mixing it 50/50 with distilled water, or just running washer fluid because it's super cheap (Thought it was supposed to be 50/50?)

I'm probably not going to go for W/M for now, a basic setup looks like it would come to $1k with shipping/exchange rate, before duty. Still interested though.

Comment

1 gallon of -*20 washer fluid and 4 bottles of heet is roughly 50%.

I try to run 100% methanol though, my car loves it. I can squeeze about 13* advance at peak torque and up to 24-25* in the higher rpm with it, at 26psi.

Once I have a garage I'll probably just find a supplier to deliver it by the 55 gallon drum, and sell some of it to local nutjobs like myself.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Not sure how much heet is. People say walmart carries it, but apparently not north of the border. May be cheaper to take washer fluid and just spike it with methyl hydrate instead of heet?

EDIT: Apparently methanol content mostly varies by temp rating (duh) and I assume maybe by brand?

Looking at MSDS sheets, I see most of the -45C and -49C (-56F ish) stuff is 40-50% Meth. Seems to be quite a range there though, I assume the range is that vague for legal reasons, not because their mixture is that far off.
                                Last edited by Northern; 03-06-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X