Need help with idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with idle

Hey guys I have a 1984 318i and it has a high idle constantly at 1500-2000. All vacuum Leakes have been fixed, brand new throttle body from Germany that came already adjusted . Distributor was timed correctly, my mechanic said my icv is good and the only thing he thought it could be was my ecu but I ordered a good used one but idle stayed the same. Also if I granny it at about 3 rpm fuel cuts off and cuts back on as soon as you give it more gas. Any suggestions will be really appreciated . Thanks

So today I cleaned the icv with carb cleaner and the revs dropped to one thousand so I'm pretty sure it's that. I drove to pump gas but after filling it up it went up to 1500 and sometime dropping to 1000 but I'll clean it better tomorrow . One thing that it didn't fix was the fuel cut off when I granny it and even sometimes backfires .

Comment

The idle control is not in the ECU on your car. There is a small Module next to the ECU that controls the idle. That could be your culprit. If it is the original, it should be replaced anyway. They were notorious for failure in the early cars.

Comment

Working...
      X