Service Interval Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Interval Light

I've read several forums about replacing the battery in the back of the instrument clusters but I'm sure they run several gauges within the cluster. I'm having an issue where none of my Service Interval Lights (the maintenance oil light) are on -- the little red, yellow, green bar. I'm new to e30's but I imagine that the lights aren't getting power or a solid state board is out.

I have a 1987 325es

Originally posted by kjlinden87 View Post
    I've read several forums about replacing the battery in the back of the instrument clusters but I'm sure they run several gauges within the cluster. I'm having an issue where none of my Service Interval Lights (the maintenance oil light) are on -- the little red, yellow, green bar. I'm new to e30's but I imagine that the lights aren't getting power or a solid state board is out.

I have a 1987 325es
    Just wanted to mention you posted this in the 5 series section of this forum, you should make a new thread in the 3 series section. For what its worth though, I would say either theirs something wrong with the "Interval Light Board" (in case you didn't know, you can detach the lights from the SI board), the battery's are failing, or the battery acid has leaked out and ate the SI board.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
    X