Having an E30 is amazing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an E30 is amazing.

My previous (/other) car is a 2001 Milbu, so it never gets a second look from anyone.

I was out for a cruise, and noticed a classic Bimmer behind me, and he pulled up next to me to complement my car. We pulled over and talked for over an hour. You certainly don't get that in a normal car [emoji3]

For those curious, the white guy is a 1986 E34 635CSI. It's got an M30, an auto trans ([emoji45] ), and I was blown away when he showed me that it was on bags. This is the only pic I got that night, but maybe I'll get more in the future [emoji1]

Coming from a "car guy at heart" past, it feels badass to actually be able to make connections and friends just because "hey, nice car!"

Also, I had a guy in a newer Range Rover pull up next to me at a gas station. He rolled down his window, and I though "oh fuck I must have cut him off or pissed him off on accident." After the longest 2 seconds of my life, he goes "Yo! Is that thing for sale??"

DEFINITELY don't get that reaction in a Malibu ;)

Also, the other pic is with my GF's car when a late drive ended up taking me to leave a note on her car at work. It's amazing how I somehow lose my sense of direction in Ruby, but not in my Malibu! [emoji3]

Nice - yes, it's funny the other classic BMW drivers who say hello.

I had a guy in a 635i flash his lights at me & give me the thumbs up the other day, didn't stop for a chat though as he was driving in the other direction.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
      Nice - yes, it's funny the other classic BMW drivers who say hello.

I had a guy in a 635i flash his lights at me & give me the thumbs up the other day, didn't stop for a chat though as he was driving in the other direction.
      Those 635s are some nice cars. I wouldn't mind having one myself some day

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I could have swore I saw this thing on the Austin area Craigslist, this wouldn't happen to be that vert would it? It looks very nice, welcome to R3v!

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
          Man I could have swore I saw this thing on the Austin area Craigslist, this wouldn't happen to be that vert would it? It looks very nice, welcome to R3v!
          It was that car! I couldn't be happier with it [emoji1]

Comment

Looks like it's in good hands :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
              Looks like it's in good hands :pimp:
              I'm maintaining it as best I can, and hopefully after I graduate and get a job I'll be able to not only maintain, but upgrade some things :)

Comment

Working...
              X