Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovered the problem causing my intermittent engine cut outs after cleaning the C191 connector to find two corroded wire (red/white and brown/white) separate as I turned to inspect the connections.
    Attached Files

Comment

Replaced a clutch slave cylinder. Pedal dropped to the floor yesterday. Checked all the usual internet sales sites, but since it was Sunday the quickest i could get one would have been Tuesday if I overnight it as they only ship out Mondays. However kudos to Autozone. They took my order over the phone and had it for me Monday morning by 10 AM. Nice ATE slave cylinder. Got it in today and bled. Back to running again. Does anyone ever prophylactically just change these out instead of waiting for them to go bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Knocked the webs and dirt off mine, will run again some day. potstir
        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Rubbed my IS lip coming out of a gas station, thought nothing of it.. until it fell off and I ran it over....
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Rubbed my IS lip coming out of a gas station, thought nothing of it.. until it fell off and I ran it over....
            rep or OEM? Did it get destroyed?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Its a rep and it got pretty messed up, it split on the passanger side end. I have it clamped together with some gorilla glue... I'm just waiting for it to dry so I can sand it and paint it.
              Should be okay though..

I was running across three lanes to grab it :rofl:
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I was always against getting the iS lip and just used a mk3 VW lip instead... Once my car started looking real good I buckled down and bought an OEM iS lip. I kept hearing bad things about the rep lips breaking easily
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

They do, but I've also demolished OE lips just S easily.

Up and down on these super bike friendly!!!!! streets too much and bad things happen to lowered cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Derek-

Comment

Fixed an electrical issue, now I have rear brake lights. On to the ashtray receptacle to find out why it's not working.
                    Continuous For Sale Thread
                    323i s50

Comment

Timing belt, tensioner, cam seals, new v belts, thermostat and flushed the cooling system.
                      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Ran over my IS lip, then ran over it again backing up.
                        Fixed a year long issue of crap idle, throttle response, and occasional stalling - I love my car again.
                        New poly engine mounts from Garagistic (The only vibes noticed are on initial take off, I like them)
                        New spark plugs.
                        New TRE 255lph fuel pump.
                        Launch control configured.
                        Drove it in the mountains.
                        And Left my windows open in the rain for 3 hours, yay.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

S50 Turkey Day Toughness

Ever since I bought this car almost two years ago, the S50 had loud tapping I contributed to a lifter. Lately, it had a weird hesitation following 5" of rain, so I opened my Castro air box, and cleaned the intake and throttle body with cleaner the day after Turkey day. Of course after soaking the intake and putting it back together, it wouldn't idle for shiite. So I pulled out the coil packs, found three spark plugs finger tight, one was a half-turn loose. Pulled the plugs out and found out they were not only shitty cross-fire types, but number four had no ground electrodes left. I can't believe this engine ran at all.

I put some Autolite single element plugs in it. Runs tit now.

I also replaced the mid exhaust pipe hanger.
                          Attached Files
                          "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
                          -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

Put her on jackstands and pulled the wheels off.. Gonna do a bunch of ridiculously anal-retentive stuff over the next few weeks.

Worse yet, the M3 is waiting for those jackstands too. I dont even want to get into what she is in for.... :D

Comment

Finally got her to move under her own power.....

22 likes, 1 comments - Kareem (@fucatypr) on Instagram: "Time for suspension, lol #makecoolshiteveryday #e30_world #e30owners #s2000 #hondapower #haltech ..."

now it's time for suspension
                              Last edited by Fucatypr; 12-14-2016, 04:50 PM.
                              1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
                              1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
                              1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
                              1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

swapped a leak-free radiator into my 325iX:

Originally posted by stevie30
                                The e30 is the '57 Chevy of the European imports. Quote me on this.
                                1986 325eS - cosmosblau, sold
                                1990 325i - bronzit sedan, sold
                                1984 318i - delphin coupe, sold
                                1987 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
                                1988 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
                                1989 325iX - zinnoberrot sedan, current project/daily

Comment

Working...
                                X