X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doin it again

Here's the patient: 1989 325is zinna/grey
    As it was the day I got it.

Pulled M20 yesterday, will start breaking down S52 this afternoon for the head gasket kit.

Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Started breaking down the S52 this mornin for re seal before install. Taking pan and assorted bits to machine shop for spec and clean. Packing up DME MAtt you will have mail in a few!

Comment

wheres the crank bolt?

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        wheres the crank bolt?
        Told it to GTFO, took about 45 secs to vacate the motor.

Comment

Been a minute thought I could do a little update....

Peurty clean inside!

Easy way to drop $500!

Comment

Today I installed the zf shift carrier,d shaft, sorted out the intake boot, installed Turned shifter and DSSR and heat shield, Put PS pump and res on and rad installed, upper hose and sorting out the PS is all I lack to get it on the road!

Check out that massive clearance on the rad shroud!

Comment

looks good!

Check Us out on Facebook
              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
              Full Product Line Tuning
              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

You make it look so easy!

Comment

lookin good, but JEEZUS I thought I had shit in my car........

prolly looked like it was on drop springs with the weight of it all, did it jump about 2 inches on clean out???
                  I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
                    lookin good, but JEEZUS I thought I had shit in my car........

prolly looked like it was on drop springs with the weight of it all, did it jump about 2 inches on clean out???
                    lolz I had 100% confidence I was going to find a dead hooked in the trunk when I got it no keys had to take GB lock to the smithy and get one cut.

Opened trunk and OMGWTF..... peeps had priorities all jacked, trunk was spotless aside from a used waterpump and belts all in new packages......

Got home with my PS lines last night about 5 and the kid at the hose shop omitted my regulator from my pressure line....

I looked at his ass with the ice cube crooked ey half open mouth WTF yo say nuuigga!! face, and he professes Oh no it will be fine.

BULLL SHIT

Started car and soon as I touched the wheel it became possesed by the S52 and started spinning wildly like a helm of a pirate ship in a whirlpool. Scared shittless I tried to wrap it up and restrain it but that damn S52 is a beast, it indian burned my forearm pretty good before I shut her off.

fuckin good times man. Now I can't sleep cuz this irradiating burn under my forearm not deep enough to bleed and heal over but deep enough to bug the ever loving shit out of you. Maybe I should pour some bleach on it.

Comment

And how long was the entire process ? Also what are you doing about the fan ? I noticed after I did my swap that a fan shroud and a fan don't go together so I had to toss the shroud away !

And great work :up:
                      Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
                      1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

About 8 months, here's a pic as of yesterday, and Taro took a vid.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Lookin good man! Hey ps you reinstalled the heatshield under your shifter is that needed for exhaust heat? Have a pic of it? Out of curiosity :)

Comment

Originally posted by cormier View Post
                            Lookin good man! Hey ps you reinstalled the heatshield under your shifter is that needed for exhaust heat? Have a pic of it? Out of curiosity :)
                            It's a good idea to have it in. It just bolts up in the original locations, I am going to get it up in the air later this week and I'll take a pic.

So I got a few bugs..... started progressively losing power in the upper range over 4K it just feels like the fuel is getting cut.
                            codes:
                            3d After cat O2 4-6 (not installed)
                            4f After cat O2 1-3 (not installed)
                            44 EVAP purge control valve circuit (not installed)
                            37 pre cat 4-6 O2
                            32 EVAP running losses valve (not installed)
                            3E secondary air system switching valve (not installed)
                            23 secondary air system relay/pump
                            d4 VANOS mechanically stuck ( little baffled on this one measured play tested actuator gonna have one rebuilt by Dr.V and install and see if cures)
                            F2 misfire cylinder #5
                            F3 misfire cylinder #6
                            thinking this is a lack of fuel in the rail leaning out in upper RPM's gonna test the FP running in a bit.

Comment

Swap your 1-3 and 4-6 o2 sensor. See if the misfires/codes follow

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                              X