About to repin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to repin

I received a M50 from an E34 with an uncut harness, and honestly I have no idea what year it came from. Some guy needed to get it out of his garage and I grabbed it because I needed the block and well.. its free.

After trying to search for pinouts, the best way I found was to look up the ETMs, but to me, trying to read those are like trying to read a Chinese.

I came across this:

I have a 90 325i.

Can somebody please help me analyze and tell me how accurate that chart is? I see that Line 18 says put X20/18>C101/17, but it looks a typo and needs to be 18>18.

Future thanks for the help.

yes, the black yellow (pin 18 ) wires should be connected (should look the same for both e36 and e30). They should be rather thick. They are power for the starter motor.

Can't comment on much else... looks like there is a lot of difference between mine ('98 M3 OBDII manual harness to '89 e30 325i)

Honestly, the longer you spend reading the ETMs, the more they make sens. Then you will have true intimate knowledge of the wiring if/when you need to troubleshoot.
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

bump...

any other insight?

Comment

get comfortable with the ETM, or pay somebody to wire it for you.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I see a few errors in this one.

e30 pin 17 to e34/36 pin 18 wrong
          e30 pin 2 to e34/36 pin 16 wrong
          e30 pin 20 to e34/36 pin 3 wrong
          e30 pin 16 to e34/36 pin 19 wrong
          e30 pin 10 to e36 pin 10 wrong

I would definitely try find a better source or have someone do it for you :)
          PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X