Driveshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveshaft?

So Im almost done with my swap, I used the revshift adapter guibo but it doesn't fit correctly since I have a closed flange and not the recommended open trans output flange. So now I'm looking for a driveshaft. I know it has to be a 96+ 328i or m3 driveshaft. Can it be from either an automatic or manual car? Needs to have a 4 bolt rear correct?

no

Comment

Yes, it needs to be from a manual 328i or M3. The '96+ M3 has a 6 bolt CV on the diff end. So you want a '95 M3 driveshaft with the U-joint at the diff. You can also use the "big guibo" driveshaft out of the later 325e ('87+ if I remember correctly).

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but I figured everything out! I just used my revshift guibo, I had to notch my flange in order for the bolts to fit. Thanks for the replying, I just wasn't sure if people had been successful using auto driveshafts!

Comment

What if you use a getrag 250? Couldnt you use an e36 325i manual driveshaft and put in a flipped e30 center support bearing?

Comment

Getreg 250, with matching e36 manual trans driveshaft works. I used that setup personally till I got sick of destroying 250's. They are a weak trans.

Comment

When you changed your trans, did you also change your driveshaft?

Comment

Yes. I sold the the trans and driveshaft to somebody together.

Comment

Working...
                X