Euthanasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie
    People in vegitative states and comas will not recover, and are a drain on society, euthanize them.

People whom are severely mentally retarded and brain damaged will not recover, and are a drain on society, euthanize them.

The elderly and infirm are not going to "get better", and are a drain on society, euthanize them.

Habitual criminals are not going to change their behavior, they are drains on society, euthanize them.

Homosexuals are mental deviants, and could cause a drain on traditional society, euthanize them.

Communists are a drain on society and particularly violent, they will not change their ways, and are a detriment. Euthanize them.

Slavs and Gypsies are perpetual vagrants, unemployed, and a source of crime, they are racially inferior, Euthanize them.

Jews have connections to crime, communism, and are racially impure and inferior. They serve no benefit to society, and can only act as a detriment, euthanize them.

Everyone one of these cases were argued and put forth 60 years ago, this isn't exactly ancient history. You can see how this quickly becomes a very slippery slope.

-Charlie
    Holy shit, until I read that last sentence, I thought you were actually serious. You sounded like Maddox http://maddox.xmission.com/
    for a second there.

Honestly, I don't think you can compare euthanizing a person who is a vegetable to euthanizing jews.
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

I think that to start out in your paper you need to come up with your own *specific* definition of when euthenization would be okay. IMHO, if someone is going to die without a reasonable doubt soon (little vague) and is in pain they should have the right to decide if they want to use those last day's. If i were a vegatable without hope of recovery (again a little vague. new medical inovations?) I wouldn't want to be a burden on the family around me. I would want the plug pulled. It isn't healthy to keep thinking about someone or something that is lost to you. You need to cut the cord or you will never heal. So if i were a vegtable I would want me family to let me go and move on with their lives. An example could be that you work with you gf and she dumps you but you still have to work with her. Now usually this in this kind of situation it will take much longer for you to get over her becuase you see her everyday. Well same thing for family members that keep another family member who is a vegtable. Those are my thaughts on this. Hope I helped a litle.
      PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
        Originally posted by Charlie
        People in vegitative states and comas will not recover, and are a drain on society, euthanize them.

People whom are severely mentally retarded and brain damaged will not recover, and are a drain on society, euthanize them.

The elderly and infirm are not going to "get better", and are a drain on society, euthanize them.

Habitual criminals are not going to change their behavior, they are drains on society, euthanize them.

Homosexuals are mental deviants, and could cause a drain on traditional society, euthanize them.

Communists are a drain on society and particularly violent, they will not change their ways, and are a detriment. Euthanize them.

Slavs and Gypsies are perpetual vagrants, unemployed, and a source of crime, they are racially inferior, Euthanize them.

Jews have connections to crime, communism, and are racially impure and inferior. They serve no benefit to society, and can only act as a detriment, euthanize them.

Everyone one of these cases were argued and put forth 60 years ago, this isn't exactly ancient history. You can see how this quickly becomes a very slippery slope.

-Charlie
        Holy shit, until I read that last sentence, I thought you were actually serious. You sounded like Maddox http://maddox.xmission.com/
        for a second there.

Honestly, I don't think you can compare euthanizing a person who is a vegetable to euthanizing jews.
        slippery slope is right. Exactly why euthanasia is not a easy concept. At what extent does one have the right to death, and who decides?

Minker, what course is the paper for? If the instructor provided you with that definition of euthanasia, and asked you if you would be for or against it, you should just refute it because it would be very easy to do.
        ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Charlie is right on. I fear Kerry Schiavo is the beginning. :|

Comment

Originally posted by btm4k
            of a good thing you mean. :D
            E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Originally posted by kansas-ix
              Killing the defenseless? My younger bro has down syndrome. He's still a breathing/moving/happy person. If this continues, he won't. Its really a sick society we live in when people are all for eliminating others with a lesser capacity.

Comment

personally if a living will is made that requests euthanasia then i cant see ANY problem with it at all...its THIS PERSON's life, no one elses, and if events occur that are outline in a living will that would allow this person to choose death, then by all means.

for someone like your brother however who cant very well make a decision like that for himself, i suggest the caregivers have the option...where having the option means if the person in question is in a simliar situation as any "normal" person.

But how could you suggest that letting a vegtable die in peace is the beginning of killing off all mentally handicapped people....that sort of perspective is the same kind that said "OMG if Bush is elected theres going to be a draft"

opponents of euthanasia use it to scare people.

I agree it is a slippery slope....in the hands of fanatical leaders maybe...your comparing the American society to a post WWI broken country under the rule of a brutal dictator.

of COURSE these things could THEORETICALLY happen

Actually, why do Kerry S's parents want her to stay "alive"? They believe the power of "god" is going to will her back to having squiggly lines on the brain wave machine again?

Comment

I just finished a paper on this subject.
                  I don't feel that Terry Schiavo's case is euthanasia because she is not able to support her own life. In this case the hospital is merely withholding care to suit the wishes of the spouse.
                  Euthanasia is where a third party causes the death of the individual in question. The only place in the world where this practice is legal is Norway, and the statistics show a gross mis-use of the practice. Since the law has been pasted approximately 12,000 people have been euthanised, with 6,000 of these people being euthanised AGAINST THEIR WILL.
                  Euthanasia should never be considered an option because of the chance for mis-use.

Comment

Originally posted by boom-monkey
                    12,000 people have been euthanised, with 6,000 of these people being euthanised AGAINST THEIR WILL.
                    thats one scary statistic!

Comment

Originally posted by kansas-ix
                      Killing the defenseless? My younger bro has down syndrome. He's still a breathing/moving/happy person. If this continues, he won't. Its really a sick society we live in when people are all for eliminating others with a lesser capacity.
                      Your brother is not even close to being in the same situation as Shaivo. She can not sustain life on her own. the only thing she can do is breath on her own (she can't eat and has NO BRAIN ACTIVITY)

no one is suggesting euthanizing people of a lesser capacity.
                      FYI, Oregon, the Netherlands and Belgium allow assisted suicide with only the Netherlands and Belgium allowing euthanasia.

If it is against someones will is it still technically euthanasia?

Comment

Working...
                      X