Califonia decriminalized marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshh View Post
    Because we all want drug dealers to be contributing members of society by handing out drugs.
    This is where I lose it with Libertarians.

Because there isn't a drug problem in the Netherlands right.
    That's why you LEGALIZE THEM, tax the fuck out of them and remove the criminal element.

This is one of the few times you will see me harken for gov't involvement in something, but that is because it removes a huge underground cash economy and criminals from the supply line.

Yeah, there are still guys some moonshine, but I'm sure as fuck not going to drink any of it.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
      Look at some statistics. The rate of marijuana use in The Netherlands is much lower per capita than in North America.

(1997-1999) "The figures for cannabis use among the general population reveal the same pictures. The Netherlands does not differ greatly from other European countries. In contrast, a comparison with the US shows a striking difference in this area: 32.9% of Americans aged 12 and above have experience with cannabis and 5.1% have used in the past month. These figures are twice as high as those in the Netherlands."

Source: Netherlands Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, Drug Policy in the Netherlands: Progress Report September 1997-September 1999, (The Hague: Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, November 1999), pp. 7-8.

Comparing Important Drug and Violence Indicators:

Social Indicator Comparison Year USA Netherlands
      Lifetime prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 36.9% 17.0%

Past month prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 5.4% 3.0%

Lifetime prevalence of heroin use (ages 12+) 2001 1.4% 0.4%

Incarceration Rate per 100,000 population 2002 701 100

Per capita spending on criminal justice system (in Euros) 1998 €379 €223

Homicide rate per 100,000 population Average 1999-2001 5.56 1.51

From this site: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/67

Word wrap fail for some reason the columns don't line up.

I'm not talking about MJ.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      That's why you LEGALIZE THEM, tax the fuck out of them and remove the criminal element.

This is one of the few times you will see me harken for gov't involvement in something, but that is because it removes a huge underground cash economy and criminals from the supply line.

Yeah, there are still guys some moonshine, but I'm sure as fuck not going to drink any of it.

And then you get horrible situations like they have in the Netherlands. I haven't got a problem with MJ. It's the harder drugs I would still want controlled. I don't even have a problem with moonshine as long as there was some way to easily control it for safety.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

What's the horrible situation in the Netherlands?
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          I'm not talking about MJ.

And then you get horrible situations like they have in the Netherlands. I haven't got a problem with MJ. It's the harder drugs I would still want controlled. I don't even have a problem with moonshine as long as there was some way to easily control it for safety.
          Alcohol is a "harder drug", genius.
          You speak out of your ass, as usual.
          Libertarian my ass..

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            I say weed should be legalized; coke, smack, crank E, all of that shit should be WAY more of a bust

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
            I don silk gloves and place them into a sacred envelope made of magic and lined with Unicorn fur, seal the envelope with an adhesive made from strands of Gypsy hair and wrap the whole thing in a snazzy looking faux gold leaf paper, with elm leaf inlay from Costco. Unfortunately, by the time it gets to you, all of that fancy stuff will likely have been picked clean by the greedy postal service employees. Please don't be surprised to see just a plain envelope.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              WTF, why such an attitude? This is only MY opinion, thus the whole "I say" thing...relax!

Besides, who are YOU to say what I can and cannot allow?
              I didn't mean you personally, I meant who gets to say whether something is okay or not? Obama? The FDA? They already made a decision but apparently it was the wrong one.

It's just a touchy issue, saying one groups interests are legitimate and another groups are not. Once you start making exceptions things get sticky.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Look if you decriminalize all drugs you may or may not have a higher usage of drugs but thats not for you or the government to decide. With all the money you're saving and bringing in you can spend more on rehab for people with drug issues. Look at the stats for Portugal. They decriminalized all drugs and have only seen a slight increase in the number of rehab patients and have not had overwhelming drug issues all the fear mongers say we will have if we make all drugs legal. It will all be ok in my opinion

Comment

There are still laws against driving under the influence and trafficking large amounts of drugs. You tax it, make it a business, and stop the underground drug warfare shit that is heating up the streets in every city. Think about it. Legalize drugs and you'd probably decrease crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
                    Alcohol is a "harder drug", genius.
                    You speak out of your ass, as usual.
                    Libertarian my ass..

Why do you have "harder drugs" in quotes? Because you know it's a completely different argument that has never even entered this discussion. And you have no fucking clue what i think about that do you.
                    I speak out my ass but yet you call me a Libertarian...LMFAO. Might want to get a clue.
                    Last edited by joshh; 10-02-2010, 08:28 PM.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      What's the horrible situation in the Netherlands?

It wasn't the Netherlands and I had a different situation mixed up. So nix what I said.

Comment

states can pass all the shit they want. federal laws still hold nice and true
                        Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

By legalizing narcotics and taxing them the only thing the government would be doing is moving into the neighborhood, squashing any competing dealers and taking over. Seriously. "From now on, I get 15% of any deal that goes on here. You pay me first. Got it?"

Last edited by Raxe; 10-02-2010, 09:35 PM.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
                            Look at some statistics. The rate of marijuana use in The Netherlands is much lower per capita than in North America.

(1997-1999) "The figures for cannabis use among the general population reveal the same pictures. The Netherlands does not differ greatly from other European countries. In contrast, a comparison with the US shows a striking difference in this area: 32.9% of Americans aged 12 and above have experience with cannabis and 5.1% have used in the past month. These figures are twice as high as those in the Netherlands."

Source: Netherlands Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, Drug Policy in the Netherlands: Progress Report September 1997-September 1999, (The Hague: Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, November 1999), pp. 7-8.

Comparing Important Drug and Violence Indicators:

Social Indicator Comparison Year USA Netherlands
                            Lifetime prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 36.9% 17.0%

Past month prevalence of marijuana use (ages 12+) 2001 5.4% 3.0%

Lifetime prevalence of heroin use (ages 12+) 2001 1.4% 0.4%

Incarceration Rate per 100,000 population 2002 701 100

Per capita spending on criminal justice system (in Euros) 1998 €379 €223

Homicide rate per 100,000 population Average 1999-2001 5.56 1.51

From this site: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/node/67

Word wrap fail for some reason the columns don't line up.
                            Do not confuse this discussion with fact, Sir.

We here on R3V do not appreciate facts "bandied about" in P&R.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by assoutE12 View Post
                              I ran my car off the road though so its not like I wasn't in the wrong plus the guy I was with had dreads and admitted to having pot to a park ranger because they said they wouldn't care and would let us on our way. they gave me a DUI because I "failed" a field sobriety test and failed their survey like 4 hours after I had smoked.
                              1) good job crashing off dank

2) god damn don't admit it, innocent until proven guilty

3) how do you fail four hours later? Did you sleep through it? Must have been some kill hahaha.

I'm perfectly cool with the law staying this way, toke up. Only the truly stupid people get caught smoking trees anyways. In Oakland you can smoke walking down the street, unless it's a violent crime the police don't respond. I'd rather it stay this way than be regulated like crazy by the government. Quality would go down, price would go up for the sensi, lots of taxing would go on, and the restrictions on how many plants the law would allow you to grow, the amount you could carry, etc are ridiculous. Weed would be like beer, if you really love it you would have to grow, kinda like home brewing.
                              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Personally I think we(The U.S.) look ignorant and afraid prohibiting the use of this natural medicine.

The basics are clear to me; its safe, it has no side effects, and its natural. Its the definition of hypocrisy to allow the use of pharmaceuticals and alcohol, and prohibit cannabis.

This(Prop 19) takes harmless people out of prison, jail, the system altogether and makes room for actual criminals, you know the people you made laws to protect yourself against.

This is also the first step in annihilating the "Drug World". If there are laws to protect people who want to sell cannabis then they won't have to use guns instead. This makes our law enforcement agencies safer, and our citizens. Police also stay more involved where we actually need them.

Make it a controlled substance if you MUST control the free will of the overpopulated masses.
                                ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Working...
                                X