No announcement yet.

The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilsner Urquel, Franziskaner, HB, Duvel (that shit gets you fucked) for foreign stuff.

Redhook ESB, Pyramid Curveball(enjoying one right now actually) and Coastline ales, Mac & Jack's. for the local brew. I also like Alexander Keith's IPA, Molson, Kokanee (Gold), Labatt's, all good brews from our friends to the north. And Guiness is good when you want a beer that eats like a meal.

To get fucked up, MGD, Bud, PBR all do the job nicely. Beer rocks the house.
    -Ted

Comment

Sorry, gonna have to go with Heineken. Very normal beer, although I've had Pilsener, a Savladorian beer. Amazing stuff. Just costs a crapload here.
      Reminiscing...

Comment

rep it local. Coopers.
        sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

I'm surprised Yuengling hasn't come up in this thread yet. I know it's kinda local, but still.

But yeah...I've really come to enjoy a solid Coors Light. I agree with a lot of what Rob has said. Cheap beer rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i
            I'm surprised Yuengling hasn't come up in this thread yet. I know it's kinda local, but still.

But yeah...I've really come to enjoy a solid Coors Light. I agree with a lot of what Rob has said. Cheap beer rocks.
            Originally posted by Avus_325is
            Let's see Yuengling when I have money and the good old Natty or Beast when I don't, so mostly Natty or Beast.

Pete's Wicked Summer Ale should be hitting the shelfs pretty soon so that's gonna be the "when I got the cash" beer.
            Do you guys get Ranier beer on the East coast? It's a pretty good cheap beer.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Like all beers, they should be served cold.

Karhu gets my attention every time:

I don't mind an Irish bitter or two once in a while..

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                i wasnt speaking of your rims ryno, just in general. If I want to drink something that tastes good, kool aid owns. beer is for festivities other than replenishing lost fluids
                Guess we drink for a different purpose. I never got into the binge and purge drinking. I tend to just drink that I like when out having a few with some friends. I know PBR is great for the "en masse" drinking plus it comes with little card labels under the caps for drinking games, here Keystone is the more popular binge beer which is why I tend to take my own case to a house party or just be the DD. The other great thing about Guinness is it saves you on a meal, 3-4 of those and you are full.

One time I was stoned and my roommate had some Keystone so I cut it open to find out what the "specially lined can" was. Its a regular can with black lines printed inside of it.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                  I've never seen it over here but I used to drink it when I'd go out to Washington to visit family. Good beer. For you guys up near Canada, cross the border and buy some Labatt's, its much better and stronger in Canada than here in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat

Nope but it's good beer as well as Alaska AmberBach.

One another note the Heineken we get in the US is not the proper blend. I usually carry a case of the Heineken Pilisner back insted of the lager we get.

Isn't great to know your tax dollars pay for me to fly beer around the world. ;) At Christmas time it not unusal for us to have about 80 cases of beer on board of 20 0.5liter bottle styles.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      diego, can you get bavaria or imperial there?
                      haha, Imperial. Drink that stuff like water when I'm down in CR. It's like a quarter a bottle and pretty tasty. PURA VIDA!!

Comment

thats where I had it, cheap beer in a place that you dont know the language is always entertaining
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                          thats where I had it, cheap beer in a place that you dont know the language is always entertaining
                          Yea I didn't reall understand the whole conversion thing, and it was really bad when I started to get sloshed. I'd just hold out a hand full of coins and be like "How many does it cost?"

Comment

LOL. I hear that. I was staying a hotel in the capitol city, after about $10 (US) all I knew how to say to the bartender was "Uno mas por favor" :P
                            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Chris E30 Cab
                              Beej, you should come out to Asia for a real Redbull & vodka....you guys get the lame Redbull in the US, out here the original is like cough syrup ;)
                              Yuck, why would you want it that thick? Is it more caffinated too?
                              What I really like is Redbull & Jagermeister. 9 out of 10 times the bartender will make me a Jagerbomb by mistake. I like mine dark as Coca-Cola. :D
                              -Brandon
                              '86 325es S50
                              '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                              '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                              '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                              S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Steinlager. Beer of choice for almost every Hawaiian guy I know (me included)

Comment

Working...
                                X