No announcement yet.

E30 M50 Swap Flywheel Machining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left a mm to the ring gear when i had mine shaved. Didnt get it balanced and was super worried about it. Put it in, and it works perfect, no vibes

Comment

cost me $35 dollars to have this done at a local drivetrain shop, just as a price point considering a lot of people have no clue where to even start with pricing.
      BroWorks.com Bro is a lifestyle

Comment

^ cost me about same. 30-40 bucks at a machine shop. The machinist also btought up a good point. He said basically not to worry about balancing it if it is already balanced. He basically said since he was chucking it straight in the lathe that it would be cut side to side within ten thousandths so having it balanced was kinda silly. Anyway not a single issue with mine.

Comment

old thread, but in case someone out there is reading... i had a flywheel resurfaced a few years back and installed it without balancing and the engine vibrated terribly over 1k rpm. Had to take it all back out and have it balanced, huge bummer. Balance it while its out!
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
          X