No announcement yet.

S54 Swap Modifications Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I asked in the e36 pan into e30 24v thread, but I don't recall getting an answer there, but...

Are the s54/e30 and the e36pan on 24v/e30 subframes the same, or similar? Could I get the e36 pan for s52 now, then upgrade to the s54 and just send an s54 pan out and run the same subframe, or is that something that could potentially be engineered? I think a modular, and upgradable setup would really get a lot of bites.

Comment

The current subframes will fit both setups! Single rear pickup e36 or dual pickup s52/s54.

Comment

That is excellent information, and makes me more interested than before. I will be in touch!

Comment

I'm working on an affordable fully fabricated subframe as well. Getting harder to source clean ones in the Midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
            ^^But the E34 pan is no good for ground clearance. At least, that's my reason for going 2-sump.
            I found E34 oil pan to be perfect with E28 mounts plus 5mm spacer on both. Only the cooling fins are exposed under the subframe level. With the stock front valance lip installed you can only see the cooling fins of the E34 oil pan and that is something good, you don't have to mount external oil cooler. This is only for us who like stock look and who like the E30 as a day driver and not racing.

Comment

Thanks, ill spread the word about that! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TinyT View Post
                I'm working on an affordable fully fabricated subframe as well. Getting harder to source clean ones in the Midwest.
                Hmmmm aluminum ? That would be awesome. Probably ultimately easier that steel.

The ends could be milled and the center section a bar....come on Tyler....do it
                :) put me down for 1.

Comment

What sway bar mount are people using to mount the sway bar up front? I am using a stock E30 M3 bar that has the tab up front and one bolt in back. I need a mount that uses 2 bolts. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by anaphe View Post
                    Hmmmm aluminum ? That would be awesome. Probably ultimately easier that steel.

The ends could be milled and the center section a bar....come on Tyler....do it
                    :) put me down for 1.
                    Haha! I dont think anyone would want to pay for a partial billet aluminum subframe.

Comment

Somebody say my favorite word billet?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
                      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Any way i can buy one of these custom subframe to make the s54 stock oil pan fit in my e30?

Comment

I think Arc Asylum is what you need:

Comment

TinyT is the arc asylum
                            And yes this service allows you to use the s54 pan after he modifies it and your old subframe to work together

Comment

about how much it will run me when sending my subframe?

Comment

Working...
                              X