My 1987 325is and 1986 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1987 325is and 1986 325e

hi everyone, i'm ian! not entirely new to r3v but dont post much. But i thought i'd show you guys what i got!

bought the 325is as my first e30 from a local guy who had it sitting under a tree for about a year or 2. i knew it had rust but wasn't sure how much till i bought it and mad the plunge into finding out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2400[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	7241723turns out the car did have lots of floor board rust. but oh well.

got the car back to my house fixed all rust and did some maitence that needed to be done. but engine wise the PO actually did take care of it .

shortly i wanted to lower it so i built the suspension since i wasnt completly sure what my plans were for the car yet.

i shortened the strut housings up front and used carrado shocks up front. used a cosmos racing spring set with camaro shocks in the rear.
    i'm missing a bunch of pictures so il skip to where it was hahaClick image for larger version

Name:	e30vagfair.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	7241724
    this is the car at vag fair 2014. suspension on, 15x8 et0, et-12 diamond racing steelies, sparco sprint v5, gutted interior, my little wanna be drift car.
    Actually won 1st place at the show in the POS category lol

next is my current daily. 1986 325e, bought it from bimmerbuddies the hershey pennsylvania area. 40 min drive from me and some super cool dudes who know alot about these things. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2838[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	7241725
    switch suspension from the is car because its currently not driving. swapped a couple more goodies from the grey car as well to make it a pretty nice dd for me.

thanks for checking everything out!
    feel free to add me fallow me on instagram - e30ian

Instagram - ianstough

Nice cars...Any future plans for the dd?

Feedback Thread

Comment

Sweet rides, look like some good and fun cruisers.
      sigpic

'88 325is-daily
      '89 325is-project
      '84 633csi-its there
      '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
      '01 525i- sold

Comment

Nice! I have a twin of your 87is but i bet mine has more rust than yours hahah

Comment

thanks guys! not much more in store for the dd besides making sure its dependable. got plans for the 87. really want to take it to some tracks and try my hand at drifting. think im gunna buy some megans, condor bushings and mounts and would love to swap a 24v into it when the time comes.

Instagram - ianstough

Comment

Originally posted by GnarShark View Post
            Nice! I have a twin of your 87is but i bet mine has more rust than yours hahah
            my floors were gone lol and others i just rather not think about. its pretty bad.

Instagram - ianstough

Comment

Those steelies look nice. Want to run a set but i'm unsure of what specs and size would be best. I think like you, i want to run 15x8's but, unsure of what et, and such.

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                Those steelies look nice. Want to run a set but i'm unsure of what specs and size would be best. I think like you, i want to run 15x8's but, unsure of what et, and such.

Thanks! With diamond racing steelies you have to cut caliper bracket for the wheel to sit flush with the hub. But 0 et on 8 inch wheels sit good on e30s in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram - ianstough

Comment

Ugh, you make me want steelies so bad... E30's on steelies look so tough IMHO. Might swap to them when I build my '87 325is, easy solution to needing lots more tread lol

Comment

Recent fall pictures of the e car.

Instagram - ianstough

Comment

Originally posted by esomethingian View Post
                      thanks guys! not much more in store for the dd besides making sure its dependable. got plans for the 87. really want to take it to some tracks and try my hand at drifting. think im gunna buy some megans, condor bushings and mounts and would love to swap a 24v into it when the time comes.
                      Make sure you try to get custom spring rates. If you buy megans and just have the 8k spring all the way around like I do, it'll push on the corners.
                      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                      BMW

Comment

That navy blue is so sexy!
                        '86 Delphin 335i turbo -
                        '88 Schwarz 325i -
                        '94 w124 e420 -
                        Turbo m30b35 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
                          Make sure you try to get custom spring rates. If you buy megans and just have the 8k spring all the way around like I do, it'll push on the corners.

Awesome thanks ill try and get that switched up then when i buy them.

Instagram - ianstough

Comment

another random picture

Instagram - ianstough

Comment

Instagram - ianstough

Comment

Working...
                              X