No announcement yet.

E36 M3 Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NADA "clean retail" gives a fairer price on e36 M3's.
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I bought a mildly modified '99 M3 coupe with 58K miles in 2007. It was my first BMW and I did none of my own wrenching on that car (in hindsight I should have). Paid $12.5 for it in JAN07. Sold it for $12K in SEP 2012 with 142K miles. One of the best cars I've had. But it does require proper maintenance. Agree better to find a stock or near stock car. "Never tracked" means nothing. If a car is properly maintained, a few DEs won't kill it. Smart move in spending $100 or so to get a reputable shop to do a PPI. Maintenance records are a huge plus- but only with receipts. Once you get the car replace all fluids and take an oil sample and send it to Blackstone Labs. BTW, I easily put in $10K over 5 years. But that's still under $200/month. What can you buy/lease for $200/month???

Comment

I have 255k miles on mine and it's still in outstanding condition. Don't be scared of high miles if maintenance records are present.
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

I think the one I am looking at is to modded its like stanced out haha. And guy wants big money.
          Last edited by Hawk; 08-15-2015, 10:31 PM.
          Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

I'm reminded of the words of my friendly BMW service manager...never buy a BMW the first year it's introduced and never buy a used M. Kinda stuck with me :)
            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
            Alice the Time Capsule
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I have a Euro E24 in the family and I know the feeling. But its worth it when you drive it!
              Last edited by Hawk; 08-12-2015, 09:31 PM.
              Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                I'm reminded of the words of my friendly BMW service manager...never buy a BMW the first year it's introduced and never buy a used M. Kinda stuck with me :)
                Never buy a used M? I would never buy a new M because depreciation sucks. Nothing wrong with used Ms so long as you shop wisely.

Comment

My e36 M3 has been the best car I've ever owned. It's a great combination of reliability, comfort, performance, and value.

Really, there isn't a whole lot like it available for what they are selling for these days.
                  Instagram
                  sigpic
                  Current: 99 M3
                  Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Working...
                  X