Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bangn View Post
    "my car wont start, whats wrong with it"
    You go through the painful process of trying to help which leads to no reply or thankyou then the next day someone else is asking the same stupid fucking question.

Very true - that does get annoying, but usually the correct answer is given. Even if it's not confirmed. But I fell the pain.

Originally posted by bangn View Post
    E30tech
    Let's not turn this into a e30tech vs r3v - that doesn't fly well here.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I still lurk, and hardly ever post anymore... Kids, wife, houses, business... life. all in the way of browsing the forums...
      '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
      '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
      '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
      iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
      sigpic

Comment

I think most of us are old farts now or have left the E30s for different cars.

I also think that E30s are moving up in price for a clean example so some of the 16 year old crowd is getting priced out. I passed on a clean 100K M3 for 13K back in the day now they are what 50K? These are becoming higher priced and are even older so the crowd is going to change a little bit. In 2003 I got a spotless 325iX for 3K and now that wouldn't even buy a rusted cracked dash 200K mi one now. They aren't getting any younger.

I just got another one after owning several other cars that didnt suit me. Glad to be back though.

Would be nice if someone updated the forum software though. And had a good spam filter.
        Last edited by Hawk; 08-13-2015, 09:04 AM.
        Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

"flat-brim-cap-wearing stancer noob"

I just bumped this thread to be a dick.

t
          going to go get rip- roaring drunk now.
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

At 11AM on a Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
              "flat-brim-cap-wearing stancer noob"

I just bumped this thread to be a dick.

t
              going to go get rip- roaring drunk now.
              Same, except a few hours behind. These cars will get exponentially more expensive to own and operate in the future. Everyone, prepare for this
              1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
              1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

Same, except a few hours behind. These cars will get exponentially more expensive to own and operate in the future. Everyone, prepare for this
                there are no accessible cheap fun cars to mod anymore. as the e30 platform aged and became more expensive to run and mod the younger guys moved to the e36 and e46. those platforms were never cheap as the e30 to access, so the cost of getting into the fun driving experience at all has become more and more unattainable.

there is a little of the same type of excitement around the gr86 and brz platforms. there are a couple shops here specializing in them and they are getting more and more attention in the aftermarket. they are not being sold new in the type of numbers the e30 enjoyed though and will never be as accessible or cheap to acquire in the same way.

Comment

I sold my E30 back in 2016. I still have my E36 M3 that I’ve had for 20 years and now have an E36 M3 vert for the wife. I do miss the forum days. All the discussion seems to be on Facebook now
                  1997 Artic Silver M3
                  CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                    I sold my E30 back in 2016. I still have my E36 M3 that I’ve had for 20 years and now have an E36 M3 vert for the wife. I do miss the forum days. All the discussion seems to be on Facebook now
                    This'll be interesting to see what happens over time as more and more leave facebook and social media.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rick_james.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	10117974
                      Come back to me baby!
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                        Interested to hear more about your E36 M3 BMWManiac after such a lengthy ownership. Do you have a build thread / ownership log anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

Interested to hear more about your E36 M3 BMWManiac after such a lengthy ownership. Do you have a build thread / ownership log anywhere?
                          I don’t think on here but bf.com under the same name
                          1997 Artic Silver M3
                          CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

What brings BMWManiac to teh forums?

Zach.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

See I think the opposite is happening. Forums did die off for awhile, but in the last few years I believe it's had a resurgence. Hell I rather be on this forum than the FB version.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                                What brings BMWManiac to teh forums?

Zach.
                                spoiler
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X