Dicked by BavAuto, yet again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dicked by BavAuto, yet again.

This is the second time they have only delivered half of my order and told me the other half has been backordered or is being sent by another manufacture. I tried calling customer service to resolve the issue, and was just tossed around like a hot potato. They had no interest in dealing with my problem and instead decided to point fingers and suggest another extension to bother.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Looks like I'm not the only one according to the Google reviews.

Current- '82 635CSi Euro, '08 328XI Touring
    Past- '86 635CSi, '00 528i Touring, '81 635CSi Euro ,'72 2002, '93 325i, other oddballs...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyEBq3A7On4

Next time, give one of the forums sponsors your business. Blunt, BMA, Levent @ Guten and Matt @ Bimmerheads (among others) all have proven records of excellent service.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

...and in my experience will tell you upfront if an item is on backorder.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

one time bavauto sent me a returned item instead of my new shocks. I received a previously used set. They did however send me a return shipping label and sent me a new set.

Comment

i don't think I've ordered from BavAuto, mainly because their website is horrible.
          I usually order at Pelican, but I've been having back order issues with them lately as well.
          I canceled an order that had partial back order after waiting for it for over a month
          We're in deep now boys
          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
          1988 340iL - Track car
          My M60 V8 swap thread here
          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

what's being back ordered?
            Toyota Pickup

Comment

Mainly OEM parts
              We're in deep now boys
              1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
              1988 340iL - Track car
              My M60 V8 swap thread here
              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

For oem go with guten or blunt. They both have excellent service
                Originally posted by blunttech
                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                :shock:

Comment

Yes, they will only send part of your order if they don't have it all. Would you rather have them keep all of your order so that way you can complain some more that they won't ship your stuff they have...

All dealings I've had with them they where up front with my orders of a part wasn't going to be shipped on time.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                    Mainly OEM parts
                    specifics?... hoses? belts? gaskets?
                    Toyota Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by ekimp View Post
                      This is the second time they have only delivered half of my order and told me the other half has been backordered or is being sent by another manufacture. I tried calling customer service to resolve the issue, and was just tossed around like a hot potato. They had no interest in dealing with my problem and instead decided to point fingers and suggest another extension to bother.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Looks like I'm not the only one according to the Google reviews.
                      If you need stuff fast, call FCP Euro. They're in Milford, and you can pick stuff up there. They're open until 8 or 9pm, and on weekends. They're not the cheapest. But the customer service is great, and in a pinch you can go pick up OEM parts from them pretty much immediately.

What are you looking for?
                      -Nick
                      sigpic
                      1986 325es || 1998 M3 sedan || 2003 330ci

~Looking for a left side early tail light, or a set of early tails~

Comment

My problem with bav goes like this:

12p - place an order
                        1p - it ships
                        8p - they tell you what shipped earlier in the day and what was backordered and won't ship

The problem is there's a whole 7 hour gap that you could have used to buy your stuff from somewhere else. Everywhere else sends you a ship conf as soon as they ship. And everywhere else tells you up front whether an item is back ordered. They don't make you waste a whole business day you could have used to get your parts in on time.

In my experience, anything Genuine BMW is going to be backordered, and if you have a problem, you need to find an alternate part number on their website and call up with that.

I'll only order from bav if I don't need it right away AND it's cheaper/on sale

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Fcp is the shiznit. Always had a great time with them, and living one state away is amazing.
                          BMW tech
                          Umass Amherst
                          05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by fiveightandten View Post
                            If you need stuff fast, call FCP Euro. They're in Milford, and you can pick stuff up there. They're open until 8 or 9pm, and on weekends. They're not the cheapest. But the customer service is great, and in a pinch you can go pick up OEM parts from them pretty much immediately.

What are you looking for?
                            Ugh.

Checked FCP Euro, and of course they have the exact radiator that I want at a very reasonable price. Ended up looking on Google to find something. I imagine that's how BAV gets all of their business these days, from idiots like me bothering to Google search before they check reputable, local suppliers. Probably would have received the same day too.

Thanks for the tip. I might even demand a refund and order from them just as a f* you to BAV, since I'm not in much of a hurry to receive parts anymore.

Current- '82 635CSi Euro, '08 328XI Touring
                            Past- '86 635CSi, '00 528i Touring, '81 635CSi Euro ,'72 2002, '93 325i, other oddballs...
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyEBq3A7On4

Comment

Will call at Pelican if there is a huge hurry.
                              They are off of Western , South of Sepulveda.
                              Free sodas while you wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X