Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sterling Silver 318is with some smoke....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterling Silver 318is with some smoke....

Theres a nice little wind behind ya. How do you go about doing a standing burnout for a significant period of time.

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

Rev up the engine then dump the clutch. Right after the clutch is out give the brake about half pressure and it will lock the front tires while the rear tires spin.

Comment

Or hold the brake, rev it up and dump the clutch, heel & toe style.

Comment

hehe, choice one kenyon!!! pity about the wind tho, woulda been nice if you got lost in the smoke.

yeah, heel-toe styles is the easiest IMO.
          sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

I don't mean to sound like a mom, but my mechanic practically yelled at me when I mentioned brake stands. He said that the engine mounts on e30s are notoriously weak and can easily break when there is that kind of force on them. He's a smart guy, and I took his advice. Now I just rev it up, dump the clutch, and cut the wheel. :twisted:
            '91 318is
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for that mum!

dunno could be right, i dont make a habit of stoking the e30 up anyways. tis true about the engine mounts being weak....i did 3 in my auto 318i :twisted:

Comment

Don't mean to hijack a thread, but streetspec_is, I have to say that you have the sickest e30. I absolutely love it. I'm going for the exact same look with my car, only in Alpine White. Hurry up and post some pics!
                '91 318is
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
                  hehe, choice one kenyon!!! pity about the wind tho, woulda been nice if you got lost in the smoke.
                  Yea that would have been nice, I think I'll just Photoshop it later.

Comment

bah...dont PS it, just go out and do it again!!! And get it on video.....man, someone in my apartment block is smokin some chonic hoohah! i can smell it in here. might have to go invite myself in for a sess.

Don't mean to hijack a thread, but streetspec_is, I have to say that you have the sickest e30. I absolutely love it. I'm going for the exact same look with my car, only in Alpine White. Hurry up and post some pic
                    cheers brew....Alpine white would be ill with a black/white combo!!! im gonna be @ home for a few days next week so i will try and get some nice pics...i had to delete most of the old ones cos i needed some bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
                      bah...dont PS it, just go out and do it again!!! And get it on video.....
                      I have it on video, but it's in .mov format :(
                      As soon as I convert it I will upload it.

Comment

cool...i can feel the QT love.....most these cats are PCers tho.

Comment

Those are some very pretty shots 8)

Comment

Working...
                          X