No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the XS750 is just about done, some loose ends here and there, but I whipped her around the block with the painted seat pan and tank on it, and she rides a dream, if not a bit loud ;)

Decided to go with a dark blue to stick with the Yamaha color scheme, was going to go gray or something along those lines, but felt the blue would work better with the brand, looks almost black indoors, but man does it pop in the sun.

The best part of building these bikes is when all the tanks and what not come back from paint, man, all that frustration with faulty ancient wiring and inhaling fiberglass fumes pays off, realllllllly pleased with how the pan came out, especially being my first shot at fiberglassing a seat, but my god was it a bitch

heres a teaser, more shots to come

Comment

pimp dude!
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
        pimp dude!
        Thanks guy, was a long time coming, but looking and riding great now.

Projects dont stop though, working on this 92 Suzuki LT250r quadracer for my buddy there, literally red neck racer, shitty rattle canned frame and parts etc, but I rebuilt the top and bottom end on the motor, and we got two more frames with a whole shit ton of parts out of them to make a good mechanically solid quad, and prob 70% of another one.

Also, had to go through my WR250 I picked up recently. Head gasket popped on it a few weeks back, so I took this chance to pull the motor out and check everything, paint the frame, upgrade some things like the radiators and new rear tire, and am in the process of updating the aged plastic to a more modern YZ/KTM look.

Stripped it down

In an ugly state at the moment, I'm waiting on the tank to arrive, then I can put all the plastics on it.

and my fav part, retrofitted KTM front end plastics on it

Comment

I was thinking you were doing this on the side, looks like you're into this full time?
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

I was thinking you were doing this on the side, looks like you're into this full time?
            nope, just a side venture/hobby, do similar stuff for the paying job, just on cars :)

Comment

aww ok lol
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

just picked up another LT250R for my "bay buddy" i.e. my good friend who is the next bay over in my shop, an 85 to the tune of 350 bux, he'll be building that up

And then picked up this super clean bad boy for my business partner for $1900. Ive never ridden one until tonight, and I'll I can say, is all the rumors were true, this machine is explosive!

it was a good day

Comment

nice banshee man!

edit: Wait is that a banshee
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

nice banshee man!

edit: Wait is that a banshee
                    lol yep, bad ass bike ;D

Comment

noice! I guess I never realized they are "only" a 250cc
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

noice! I guess I never realized they are "only" a 250cc
                        Banshees are a 350cc twin actually :D

Got my WR finished today as well, going riding tomorrow!

Comment

I wonder how easy it would be to swap a modern yz gas tank and rear subframe to that. Sweet bike!

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                            I wonder how easy it would be to swap a modern yz gas tank and rear subframe to that. Sweet bike!
                            thanks!

Im not sure about a new subframe from like 02 and up, but my bike is essentially a 93-95 YZ250 that I swapped all the 96-01 plastics on, including the 96-01 rear subframe. It took some slight bending and massaging, as well as spacing the top mount, but it eventually bolted up. Then the tank is a standard size clarke tank, as I tried to put the 3.1 gallon clarke tank on and it was a no go, hitting the steering column and just too tall.

I do know that pretty much any standard size YZ tank from 96 to present will fit, just need to fab up some brackets to mount it to the bike like i did

I have a thread on Thumper talk that ive been updating for it of everything i have found and everything i have done to do the conversion. I love the 90s YZs, they are bad ass bikes, so I'm stoked I was able to freshen up my WR a bit :)

heres the thread

Hey all, long time lurker, first thread on here So I'll jump right into it, after a bunch of research I picked up a 97 wr250, and after a few weeks tore it down to go through everything and replace some worn parts. In putting everything back together, my aim was to update the cosmetics on it to g...
                            Last edited by bikerbill2021; 01-01-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                              just picked up another LT250R for my "bay buddy" i.e. my good friend who is the next bay over in my shop, an 85 to the tune of 350 bux, he'll be building that up
                              I saw this and thought the banshee is a 250 :D
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

I saw this and thought the banshee is a 250 :D
                                nah thats the suzuki, all banshees are 350 twins, pretty much remained the same insane bike for almost 20 years

Comment

Working...
                                X