How many E30 M30's are here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many E30 M30's are here..

I am just trying to find out how many of you have completed the swap.
    If so where do you live and what have you found to break or just some day to day issues with the car.

Chattanooga, TN Only problem had was with the coolant hose coming off the back of the cylinder, THe clamp got pinched between the head and the firewall and ruptured the hose. Other than that I love the Engine.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Santa barbara california - got a m30-b35 (but you guys already know that)

One of these days I'll put a really exhaust system on it (running the m20) and chip/K&N/ect...

Love the motor - It's susprises me sometimes. The rear end sure likes to get loose....
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves

One of these days I'll put a really exhaust system on it (running the m20) and chip/K&N/ect...

Love the motor - It's susprises me sometimes. The rear end sure likes to get loose....
        I sure hope it's not the one up in flames!

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_george

I sure hope it's not the one up in flames!
          I have already asked that. it's not.

Comment

So the m20 chip runs pretty well with the motor.

Comment

Get this - M20 harness (89') running a e24 ECU with stock chip.

Yep, runs great.

Comment

Nottingham in the UK

Nothing has broken to do with the swap but my steering colum catchs the exhaust manifold VERY SLIGHTLY when i'm driving the nuts off my car,this should be fixed soon with some E28 M535 rubber engine mount's as the studs are supposed to be off set so it will move the engine to one side just enough to sort the clearance issue.

I started off with a 3.25LSD but found the gearing to tall so swapped to a 3.64LSD.

I've got a Scorpion SS exhaust from an M3 but it's a bit to loud,when i've got some money i'm going to have one made.

Comment

Here is a question has any one tried urethane mounts. the reason is when I am really on it shifting would go a little smother with less engine and tyranny movement, and I am not really worried about extra vibrations the car is so fucking insane with the cam and the open exhaust it rattles a little any way.

Comment

I know my m20 mounts like to tweak a little if I am really hard on it and not shifting smoothly/disengaging the clutch right. Oh well, keeps me honest.

I'm sure you want *some* flex in those mounts. How about m5 mounts and to stiffen them up add a steel sleeve to the out side of the mount? Just a idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X