• Show
Clear All

where at in Wi are you?

Comment

Killer build, more pics of your evo :)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

i live in neenah wi. Its starting to really be close to what ive been picturing all along in my head lol. evo is built, wiesco pistons,eagle rods, porting, 280/282 cams, gt35r, suspension, bushings, 50/50 built transfer case and so on. Its my roommates car, which i built for the most part..

Comment

It seems I am the only one on the west side of this state lol.

Comment

where are you from?

Comment

How are you going to get 550 to the wheels through a T5?

Comment

I am just outside of whitehall wi.

Comment

a world class t5 will handle that power, not the torque. Especially since its not an instant torque like from a blown 302 etc. there is going to be lag time.

Comment

Yeah, ftlb per ftlb, turbo torque is easier on the driveline... but it's still a T5, even a WC T5. I don't see how you're going to get a good launch without fragging 1st gear.

Comment

T56 would handle it. but those can be spendy.

Comment

The aftermarket adapter plate to install a T56 in place of the Muncie 4 speeds *should* be able to hook a T56 up to the current bellhousing without much fuss. That would require at least a different clutch disk, however.

I don't think T56's are any more expensive than 420G's

Comment

I would pay a retarded amount of dollars for that dash/cluster setup. TAKE MY MONEY.

Comment

few small updates, radiator hoses all sized up and together, radiator modified for the new lower inlet. after chasing a no spark condition, i got it narrowed down to a bad msd box (fuck). Removed the coil interfaces and put some e85 in it, and she runs! Lots more to do yet so stay posted!
                            VIDEO: http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/q...114_191745.mp4

Comment

I love this! I cant wait to see the finished car.

Comment

Didn't know what engine you were talking about until I saw those pushrods with the intake gasket wrapped around them :)

I used to love these engines when I was a mechanic. They would eat intake manifold gaskets like potato chips and I had some pretty good pay days from replacing a bunch of them. Any concerns about this problem, especially with a big turbo? I'm guessing you won't be using Dex-Cool?

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Working...
                                X