Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30eu View Post
    Thanks gtdragon980.

Just one question more because if there is not the 8" wide wheels anymore left in stock, does the 16x9" ET20 (with 225/40 tyre) fit also in front? Or need the spacers then?
    you need at least +12mm offset for 16x9 to work in the front
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

What about these for a 90' 325ix?

They are 14x6 - et 38.
      I'd probably need spacers all around, especially in the back, right?
      They look great imo, I love that look.
      These go for 75$ a piece in my country.

Comment

If they are 4x100 and have the right centerbore they will fit. No spacers required.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          If they are 4x100 and have the right centerbore they will fit. No spacers required.
          This^ the Rota Slipstream are 16x8 et20 57.1 CB, they are designed for the BMW E30.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Great! Thanks. One more question, what is the deciding factor in brake caliper clearence? (If there's one).

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tind View Post
              Great! Thanks. One more question, what is the deciding factor in brake caliper clearence? (If there's one).

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk
              offset plays a part, along with the overall design of the wheel. the flatter the back is, the less brake clearance there is.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
              IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

What 4x100 wheels will fit e30s?

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                offset plays a part, along with the overall design of the wheel. the flatter the back is, the less brake clearance there is.

I know you said they will fit, but I just can't wait till tomorrow when I take the car to the tire shop and swap the wheels out. Can't wait to see my car finally having the wheels I always wanted.

I just measured this, totally randomly.

Still think they'll fit?

Sorry about the pics, there's no much the Iphone 4s can do with that little light.

Those are centimeters btw.

ps: That's a really nice project you've got going on there.

Edit: finally tried them on, BARELY cleared the calliper. I'm happy. Thanks guys
                Last edited by tind; 04-08-2014, 03:29 AM.

Comment

looking to buy some esm-009 wheels, they are 15x8 with 10 offset. Would I need to get spacers? and what would be a good size tire?

Comment

Originally posted by Cgannon View Post
                    looking to buy some esm-009 wheels, they are 15x8 with 10 offset. Would I need to get spacers? and what would be a good size tire?
                    spacers will push the wheel further from center and help you clear a caliper, atleast thats how i've always understood it. the lower the offset, the further out it sits. you could run stretch a 205 on there, if you really wanted to or were worried about fitment and alignment with the strut, but ive never been a fan of stretching, i prefer as much meat on the pavement as possible. i'd imagine with +10 on the wheels you might be able to run a 225 on these, with some fender rolling/pulling required in the rear for sure and probably in the front.. i'm new to the E30 but my last setup (MS3 with EVO X 18x8.5 +38 with 245/40) required a good pull and roll.. and still rubbed the rears, but i cleared the struts just fine. im sure one of the OG's will chime in so please correct me if im mistaken.. its all IIRC there.
                    - 91 318is - let the fun begin

WTB: Bilstein Sports/Koni Sports - IE3/HR Springs

Comment

Hey guys, I'm new here- I just purchased an 89 325i and its been great picking up all this info about our cars. The very first cosmetic upgrade I absolutely have to do is getting new wheels. Mine are awful chrome 5 spoke wheels and I can't stress how ugly they make my car look, someone was smoking crack(is there a smiley for that?).

I've been looking for some stock wheels but haven't really found any yet. However I did find these wheels on craigslist http://images.craigslist.org/01010_2...C5_600x450.jpg

these are the specs i've found on the wheel
                      Sparco Pista
                      Size: 15x6.5
                      Offset: 35mm
                      Backspacing: 5.12"
                      Bolt Pattern: 5-100
                      Rec. Tire Size: 195/65-15
                      Weight: 16.6lbs.
                      Finish: Light Grey Painted
                      Construction: 1pc. Gravity Cast

I don't see anything about bore?
                      from what I gather the offset is pretty high?
                      will I have issues fitting these on my e30.

*these are miata spec wheels, and whatever wheel I settle on will be wrapped in Hankook 195 45 15 because thats what I already have-they are brand new.

pic on a 1 series

I'm on a $300 budget. A short term fix so I can spend money doing more important maintenance expenses. Thanks for the help..
                      //contact me for your marketing & design needs//

Comment

scuddy...

bolt pattern say 5-100

thats 5 lug!

u asked about 4 x 100....so no go.
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

sorry the one i was looking at is 4x100

"Sparco Pista Wheels 15x6.5 4x100 +37"

I guess all the specs are off then, i really can't find much on these wheels, I referenced the sparco website, tire rack, vivid and a miata wheel site, none were of much help.

I guess my question is, historically speaking, are miata wheels compatible with our bmw's?
                          miata:54.1 mm, 90-05'
                          E30: 57mm
                          Last edited by scuddyholly; 08-29-2014, 11:54 AM.
                          //contact me for your marketing & design needs//

Comment

Originally posted by scuddyholly View Post
                            sorry the one i was looking at is 4x100

"Sparco Pista Wheels 15x6.5 4x100 +37"

I guess all the specs are off then, i really can't find much on these wheels, I referenced the sparco website, tire rack, vivid and a miata wheel site, none were of much help.

I guess my question is, historically speaking, are miata wheels compatible with our bmw's?
                            miata:54.1 mm, 90-05'
                            E30: 57mm
                            I bought a set of Miata wheels, some special edition BBS RZs from 1997 I think. I had the center holes machined to E30's diameter of 57,1 mm. They're small but they weigh 4,7kg / corner. The machinist said they're as straight as any wheeel can be. Quality items I think.
                            -and they're for sale if anyones interested.

-Jarno

Comment

Arc-8 on stock height E30 cabrio? Anyone have pix?

Considering hyper black 17x8 ET25 Arc-8's for an '88 zinnoberot cabrio…

I've been lurking for weeks looking for photos, and haven't seen any with stock ride height and stock bumpers.

I'm wondering about the wheel gap, and whether the stock brake rotor will look too small through the spokes.

Any photos?

Comment

Hopefully I read right and haven't seen this question asked..
                                16X9 with +15mm offset, with 10mm spacers all around. Would I need to Roll fenders or do you think I could live?
                                Schwartz '84 325e

Comment

Working...
                                X