No announcement yet.

my e30! very sloooooooow progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know if i can just put new bearings on the crankshaft without doing anything to the crankshaft itself?
    and
    the pistons can i reuse the pistons but put new piston rings on them without honing the block?
    any advice?

Comment

gonna bump this up.ive been lagging it on working on my car but i finally decided its time to work on it. :) im real happy that i pulled my very first engine by myself. kinda forgot to unhook the shifter and the clutch line so i just yanked it out. also did a little extra work on pulling the head just to see how the insides looked.
      now i just need to assemble my m20b25 with a myster-e head.
      20 years of dirt/grease. for sure gonna get cleaned real good before going back into the bay.

Untitled by clean3two3, on Flickr

gonna have to clean the bay before putting the motor back in.

Comment

anyone know what kind of throw out bearing i should buy for my 90 325is motor with a g260 from a 86 es transmission. i have the flywheel from the is motor but kind of confused on what clutch to buy and throw out bearing. any input?

today i got my goetze head gasket and i copper sprayed it.

also washed my trans and replaced the shift linkage seat and replaced the front seal but forgot to add oil on the inside of the seal so it doesnt burn up so i ripped it out and i thought i had the rear trans seal just to find out i cant take the guibo hub out so i scrubbed it and poured steaming hot water on it and most of the dirt came off. looks better then what it was before.

also took my motor to the shop to replace my front main seal.

i wish i had air tools

Last edited by efficient; 01-18-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Have the crank polished , if its not perfectly round , or if your clearances aren't in check you will create a knock
          Originally posted by efficient View Post
          anyone know if i can just put new bearings on the crankshaft without doing anything to the crankshaft itself?
          and
          the pistons can i reuse the pistons but put new piston rings on them without honing the block?
          any advice?

Comment

got an update finally installed my motor. i would have done more but the sun was strong today. pretty happy for doing my first motor pull and putting it back in.

now i just need fuel line, oil, trans fluid and new sensors and wire harness. eventually i want to get a s 3.73 diff.

Comment

Gonna bump it. Car has been running good. Car is not a show car but people give me thumbs up all the time.
              Attached Files

Comment

its a good start!

Comment

Working...
                X