My Wife's New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wife's New Car

So I know I bought the car a month or so ago, and never got around to showing it off.

So here are a few pics. Enjoy.

Damn... You and your hard ons for the 540i :)

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

nice, those 5ers are sweet>
      great photography, where was it?
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Congrats! Staggered 18" M-parallels would look cool..

RealOEM info:
        Alpina B3 Flash/BMS OCC/ER CP/ETS 5/HKS BOV/M3 Control Arms/OFT

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          Damn... You and your hard ons for the 540i :)
          its not a 540i, dude! its a 528i, and its automatic. Yep that's right. It hurts me to think about it, but its a great family car that has been meticulously dealer maintained and I got it for a price low enough to convince me to buy an auto.

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          nice, those 5ers are sweet>
          great photography, where was it?
          Thanks, it was in Estes Park. I just tweaked the sharpness, contrast, hue, and saturation a small bit with these pics to make the color come out a bit more.

Originally posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
          Congrats! Staggered 18" M-parallels would look cool..

RealOEM info:
          http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=36&fg=15&hl=6
          Yes they would look very cool. However, I am on the prowl for a 528i in equal or better shape that is a MANUAL. It was the plan ever since I bought this car, to keep looking for a 5-speed, and then drop this car like a hot potato.

Comment

Looking good Sam. Are we ever going to see you or this car in person again?
            89 325i (Sold)
            95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
            2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
              Looking good Sam. Are we ever going to see you or this car in person again?

ha ha! You shall! My life has been somewhat busy lately, my car keeps falling apart, I have court dates, I was in MD, and my daughter's surgery is coming up, so things have been hectic. David sees me every day, does that count? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                Yes they would look very cool. However, I am on the prowl for a 528i in equal or better shape that is a MANUAL. It was the plan ever since I bought this car, to keep looking for a 5-speed, and then drop this car like a hot potato.
                Speaking from experience, the 528 5-speed is pretty great. BUT if you're anything like me, the power will leave you wanting. The 540 6-speed is really 500% better for power, but the 528 gets me about 23/24mpg city and 28+ highway. I'd sell you mine, but it's donating its engine this weekend to my e30. Finally.

But if you need any non-engine/trans parts for that thing, let me know!

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                  Speaking from experience, the 528 5-speed is pretty great. BUT if you're anything like me, the power will leave you wanting. The 540 6-speed is really 500% better for power, but the 528 gets me about 23/24mpg city and 28+ highway. I'd sell you mine, but it's donating its engine this weekend to my e30. Finally.

But if you need any non-engine/trans parts for that thing, let me know!
                  whaaat noooooooo!!!! don't rip the engine out!! unless of course your E39 is in horrible shape otherwise. What are you doing with the rest of the drivetrain?

Comment

whaaat noooooooo!!!! don't rip the engine out!! unless of course your E39 is in horrible shape otherwise. What are you doing with the rest of the drivetrain?
                    Its actually in reasonable shape, the interior is sweet. Needs some exterior mirrors, has some fender dings, etc... but overall its probably a 6/10.

My plans right now are to steal as many parts from it as I can to put into the e30 - engine & trans mainly. I'm keeping obd2 so I'll be taking all the computer & ews stuff out of it, along with the exhaust which will get hacked to fit it to the e30.

Once it's been stripped I was planning to part it out, but half of me thinks an m70/73/n73+6speed sounds exciting. :)

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
                      Its actually in reasonable shape, the interior is sweet. Needs some exterior mirrors, has some fender dings, etc... but overall its probably a 6/10.

My plans right now are to steal as many parts from it as I can to put into the e30 - engine & trans mainly. I'm keeping obd2 so I'll be taking all the computer & ews stuff out of it, along with the exhaust which will get hacked to fit it to the e30.

Once it's been stripped I was planning to part it out, but half of me thinks an m70/73/n73+6speed sounds exciting. :)
                      but if its a perfectly good E39, why would you tear it apart? Go to upullandpay.com and check their inventory. In the Denver location there is a 1996 328i, although I haven't looked at it so I can't say whether it is manual, good condition, etc.

But if you do end up tearing apart your E39, I may be interested in the rest of the drivetrain and 5-speed manual swap components, and I would just have to snag a tranny from the junkyard.

Comment

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

but if its a perfectly good E39, why would you tear it apart? Go to upullandpay.com and check their inventory. In the Denver location there is a 1996 328i, although I haven't looked at it so I can't say whether it is manual, good condition, etc.

But if you do end up tearing apart your E39, I may be interested in the rest of the drivetrain and 5-speed manual swap components, and I would just have to snag a tranny from the junkyard.
                          I've wrestled with that actually. Every day I drive it, I love it more. However, I want something quick and fun, which is why its m52+zf320 trans is being transplanted into a car that weighs 1000lbs or so less.

I considered making it perfect and then selling it to raise some cash for an s52 swap, but those engines are spendy and i'm poor.

My wife wants me to get the swap done asap so I can sell off the 528 parts and get some cash, I want to get the swap done so I can find a bigger, badder engine to put in the 528...

I dunno what to do. So many options, so little time...

Comment

Well if you sell off your E39 for parts, you can't swap an M70 into it. or any other motor for that matter. If you fix it up and sell it, you will get a pretty chunk of cash that will be more than the amount you will need to buy a complete S50 + ZF swap, which i guarantee will blow the socks off any M52 swap out there, and you wouldn't have to mess with OBDII at all.

Comment

MT, I guarantee you that Sam is going to keep pestering you about this. I'll lay down odds.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                              X