The Farbin Spice Build: 2 Become 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Farbin Spice Build: 2 Become 1

Farbin in an e30 again, Say you believe it, say you believe it!

We can achieve it, We can achieve it!

Ok, so I really won't be making love to this car in any downtown, urban environments, but you get the idea!

I started with a 1991 318iS I bought back in November with the intention of swapping, at the time I bought it, I wasn't sure what I'd be putting in though.

I picked up this e30 for what I would consider a bit more than I wanted to pay, but for the area, it was the first black late model plastic bumpered coupe to pop up FS since I moved and sold my last e30 that I almost hardly ever drove.

I parked it, and looked at it for a while.

In the beginning of the year I found a set of 15x7 euroweaves and snagged them to replace the peeling chrome and PO customized spraypaint 14x6 bottlecaps and put them on, 4x4 ride height and all.

The drove it a few times.

Then parked it again.

The I kinda lucked into a 1998 e36 m3.

The "kinda" part was due to the fact that it was totaled. So I started cutting it into bits.

And then I decided to use the majority of the front suspension, and pick up the rear trailing arms from an e36 318ti so I could have a bastardized 5 lug swap.

I sold the euroweaves, and started buying other assorted stuff for the suspension. I'll be running e30 H&R OE's and camber plates up front, and refreshing the brakes. I just got my Motorsport Hardware stud conversion, and Neo Chrome lug set, along with an e32 735 booster and 25mm master cylinder to give the rest of the braking system the oomph to do what it needs, and to clear the intake manifold when the s52 drops in.

Here is a pic from how it sits now while I wait for the other bits to show up in the mail.

I will be running staggered M3 DSII's 17x7.5/8.5.

More pictures and fun to come soon!

The s52 e30, it's the only way to be!
    Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 06-15-2012, 07:29 PM.

I <3 ds2's
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

i hate you so much, i watch that whole video thinking there was an E30 in it. FML

Clean e30 to start with, good choice!
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I remember that song from middle school....just listened to it & now I know what its really about.

Comment

:( I can't see the pictures. I sad.

Comment

^Pics aren't showing up! But I think all build threads need a soundtrack - I approve.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I have no idea why the pics don't work, I'll try again.

FARK: At least there are links. I have no idea what is up with flickr.
              Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

aye bruh, i really really do fucksh wid dis build waffleswaffleswaffles

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Pics are working fine for me on my phone/Tapatalk. Looking forward to seeing more progress!
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

NICE! e30s with S52's and Ds wheels should have come like that from BMW lol!
                    Get her done!
                    sigpic
                    1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                    1987 325ic Black Vert
                    1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                    1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

After I clicked them, they loaded for me. What the, I don't even...

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        After I clicked them, they loaded for me. What the, I don't even...
                        When you click the 'share' button above the picture did you use the HTML/BBCode? Then below that is a selection for html and bbcode. Use the BB code and select that. After you paste it here remove everything before and after: [img] image code blah [img]

You can make the pictures bigger or smaller in the drop out also. pics are working for me though.

Back on topic, this build is amazing! I always wanted to buy a clean ass e30 and get a smacked M3 to swap all the goodies over. Awaiting updates on this clean build!
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I was the first person to view this thread (new posts button FTW) and i saw all the pics and rocked out to the video. You all need to get better computers or some shit. Carry on Farbin, it looks great from here.
                          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

How the hell do you luck into a wrecked m3 in Eastern Idaho?

I hate you! I need some love like I've never needed love before.
                            I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                            Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Well, I did buy it. It wasn't a freebie or anything. It was owned by a youngster in the Air Force that crashed it, and was relocated, and needed to sell it. I also had to make a 650 mile round trip to pick it up and get it to the shop, so it wasn't JUST luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X