No announcement yet.

Granitesilber Convertible: kinda ashy, kinda classy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the look of this little car topless. No spacers on the RMs currently. I need a stud kit. My extended lugs were giving me issues.

More work coming soon and even more excitingly, concrete in my garage this month finally.

Also realized there are no pics of the interior up. So here are a few

Cheers.
    Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
      I love RM's although I wish they came a bit wider in their stock form but thats the beauty of 2 piece wheels i guess.

Your car looks great so far, I love rare color verts.

I agree but they were originally built for small displacement 4cyl VW's.

Stock RM make the 195/50 looks beefy especially spaced out

Maybe new lips in the future?? This car is going to be up for sale soon as I have a wedding to finance and too much traveling coming up this year. It's been exclusively in the garage for the last 5 months and Ive probably only put 50 miles on it :(

Sitting at around 78,5xx right now.

Comment

Well I haven't been working on the car for a while. Mainly because I was getting prepared to put in some concrete around the house.

Got that done yesterday. What a task! It was myself and a buddy and we didn't have any concrete experience between us, I just borrowed some tools and went to town.

These shots are from this morning.

The wash-up on the walls is not the actual level of the concrete. We were just messy.

Also filled in a little bed behind the house to have a place for the grill and some furniture.

And lastly. The state of my basement. This depicts about half of what is down there not counting the stuff that was displaced outside.

Over all it was about a 12 hour day with a 3 hour work shift in between. So the conditions weren't ideal but I think it turned out really pretty good for two amateurs.

More work coming on the vert.

Comment

protip: rent a concrete saw and cut some control joints in that floor.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
            protip: rent a concrete saw and cut some control joints in that floor.

Man, I've heard so much conflicting advice with this construction medium.

I was told by multiple people who work concrete that it was not likely necessary because the foundation there is old and settled and the slab was not big/heavy enough to justify it.

If I were inclined to cut some expansion joints I'd need to do it before it finally cures right?

Comment

^ your mileage may vary. i'm by no means an expert. if you do cut them you'd want it to be before it completely cures, but that will be weeks, so you have some time to mull it over.

no matter what the garage looks good! paint the walls white, get some good lights in there.. it'll be a nice place to work on the e30.

Comment

I love this color; I'm torn between if I like Granit or Lachs more, but so far the car looks fantastic; Black or Cardinal interior swap would set it off

Deep color verts <3

Comment

Brought the car in for the first time on the new floor. Got everything put back together and organized. Things are only going to get more badass from here.

A few pics.

The Ruckus project is certainly coming up soon.

And a few extra just for posterity

And my meager hand tools chest with a big shout out to Kaliboy from Motorsport Hardware. Awesome products. Thanks buddy.

Also snuck my boy's footprint into the floor as well for his grandpa and grandma.

All in all I'm stoked on the floor. It was big work for a complete rookie with hand tools but well worth the cost and work.

Considered an epoxy treatment for the floors but decided against the extra $300 expense. Not to mention I couldn't do it until the floor is fully cured (28 days or so) so there would be no danger of it lifting. I refuse to re-empty the shop at this point lol. I just wanna turn some wrenches.

I'll likely be abroad for the foreseeable future with my family within a year or two so this will more than suffice for many years to come.

Thanks for looking and look for updates in the future!
                  Last edited by PaladinReed; 04-28-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                    I love this color; I'm torn between if I like Granit or Lachs more, but so far the car looks fantastic; Black or Cardinal interior swap would set it off

Deep color verts <3
                    Thanks, yeah I'm mega into this color the more Im around and work with it. To be honest the gray/silver and tan/gold is such a badass and classy combo. I wouldn't ever go to black or cardinal at this point

Comment

PR, floor looks good! I love the, "No concrete experience, just-went-for-it" attitude!

Comment

I like this build, it makes me excited for after college when I can have a nice house and my own personal garage. Keep up the good work.
                        View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinReed View Post
                          A special thanks so far to:

Levent of Gutenparts
                          EJ from raceskids
                          Aviator
                          JFarhanbod
                          Anton N.
                          BMA Parts
                          Damian
                          And my buddy Tim who's always good shop company
                          Thanks! After I sold you the racing harts I installed my new Asa's and had a gawd damn vibration and found out it was one of my spacers! So that must've caused the vibration with those rh's.
                          84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Project has been advancing slowly the last few weeks but the garage has been getting some love.

I hate to see it fill back up with stuff after having it so big and open so I decided to build a shed off of the garage for all the lawn implements etc that will come soon.

Dd do a few more things to the vert however. Water pump, timing belt, tensioner, complete auto transmission service, gaskets and filters, refurbished the stock exhaust and hangers, installed the race stud kit from kaliboy, mounted the spacers again, and of course, constant cleaning.

Thanks for reading all of that and following. Here are some pics in reward. Car is super dirty and the battery is dead from sitting

Comment

suggest you epoxy your work area unless you like oil stains. looks good though.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
                                I like this build, it makes me excited for after college when I can have a nice house and my own personal garage. Keep up the good work.
                                Unfortunately it seems just as I'm finishing up this property to my liking it will soon be time for us to move, most likely abroad. So I won't be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor long but the experience has been great.

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
                                Thanks! After I sold you the racing harts I installed my new Asa's and had a gawd damn vibration and found out it was one of my spacers! So that must've caused the vibration with those rh's.
                                that was definitely part of the issue but as it turns out there were a few bends although most were able to be repaired it seems. They now sit nicely on a blokes mini north of the border.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                                suggest you epoxy your work area unless you like oil stains. looks good though.
                                considered this but ended up reasoning that I'd rather not turn my already ~$750 job into a $1000 plus. It would only have been applicable after curing (28 days) and would have taken an additional 3-4 to cure after application, I just didn't want my tools and cars displaced for that long.

Had it been a professional quality finish I would treat it in a heartbeat but my first go around while respectable it just resembles an old shop floor.

As it turns out my son took to poking around in the garage and bumped a drain pan spilling a good deal of ATF on the floor. First but I'm quite sure not last stain.

Comment

Working...
                                X