R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Track & AutoX

Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #46
el bimmer
E30 Modder

I have a set of 16x8 e38 styles 5. What would be a good size tire for track? BTW I have a 5 lug conversion e36 M3 front and 318 ti rear. Thanks in Advance!

el bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #47
Wild Ride
Mod Crazy

I was reading through the list and thought that fuel lines are often overlooked and many are 25+ year old rubber parts that contain flammable liquid. It would be prudent to replace them on any car over 15 years old on a street or track car.
Wild Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #48
dirty30
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
E36 m3 and track time, or e30 and track time, or e46 and track time. Don't modify a damn thing aside from brake pads and go drive it.
I have to argue the other side of this....

Taking a totally stock vehicle to a track day, HPDE or the like is fun BUT a worn out E30 or E36 (maybe even a higher mileage E46 at this point) will not be very rewarding after one or two events. In addition to brake pads I would look into some decent suspension (even new stock components), tires and other brake components (lines, rotors etc.) I have a problem with seasoned track people simply telling people to bring their cars to the track because they don't need any special equipment and all they need is seat time etc. How many people do you see bringing their bone stock E30, E36 or E46 to the track year after year and not changing a damn thing but pads? None. It can be dangerous too, old struts can blow at the limit, a 20yr old bushing can deteriorate to the point of falling out, the list goes on. Just my 2 cents.
dirty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #49
dirty30
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Ride View Post
I was reading through the list and thought that fuel lines are often overlooked and many are 25+ year old rubber parts that contain flammable liquid. It would be prudent to replace them on any car over 15 years old on a street or track car.
This. Its dangerous and will also leave you stranded at the track unless you have a tow vehicle or the means to fix it yourself.
dirty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #50
Reub_e30
Advanced Member

I think if you plan on tracking a stock e30 it needs a full tune up before you even think about it. Track pads and a good set of tires (not necessarily track tires but something that isn't dry rotten or have uneven wear)
Reub_e30 is offline   Reply With Quote