R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > Regional Forums > Gatherings & Regional Discussion > Europe

Old 06-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
evanc

Euro-Tour in an e30 Touring

Hey!

Wanted to put a general feeler out to see who is where in Europe. A buddy and I will be taking off on a 12-14 day road tour of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and possibly Italy starting June 18th starting in Warsaw, Poland.

I know that there are a few of you who are on deployment in Germany, some regular folks that are just working in Europe like I am and locals in all of these countries that are on this forum. Would be really nice to meet up with other e30 owners along the way, chat e30s and meet others that have the same e30 love.

First order of business for this trip is a b line to the Nurburgring. Any suggestion of places to stay? I have a couple recommendations from a buddy back in California, but always good to have a backup if that falls through. At the moment, I'm not sure if my car will be allow on the track due to some visible rust. Maybe one of you guys who have spent some time at the track can tell me? The rules for roadworthy vehicles in Poland are a bit different than in Germany. Finding a used OEM driver's side e30 fender is proving to be difficult. Can't justify purchasing a new OEM fender for this trip, but also don't want to be banned from driving the ring. Time is ticking...

Super amp'd on this trip and one that I've been wanting to do since I moved to Europe 8 years ago. Bummed I missed the Bavaria Tour 2016 for the '02s, but will make up for it with this once in a lifetime trip in my touring. My next gig/tour is in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. This trip needs to be epic.

Who's down to show some European e30 hospitality?

- Evan
Old 06-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
crash n' burn
Advanced Member

if you make your way towards Bavaria, I can put you up in a queen for the night

polish roads....ha

crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
evanc

We will be heading to Bavaria. Not exactly sure when, but around June 24th. Where abouts are you? I used to live in Augsburg & will be swinging by there too.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:03 AM   #4
crash n' burn
Advanced Member

about 40km from Nuremburg. I also think I may have a fender for you from one of the cars at the skill center that we can get parts off of.

I won't be back from Poland until maaaaaybe the 24th

Old 06-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #5
evanc

Rad if you might have a fender for me! Only bummer is that by the 24th I think we'll be in Austria by then.

You'll be in Poland? Where abouts? If you've driven here you know what the roads are like! The tarmac in Warsaw isn't too bad, but when I drove in Łodz a couple of weeks ago I had a much different experience.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:16 AM   #6
crash n' burn
Advanced Member

I'm on mission here right now. Crossing over from Germany to Poland there was about a mile of the A9 that is absolutely terrible; my truck was getting shaken to death at 50kph

Old 06-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #7
evanc

Ah mission status... Keep me in the loop.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #8
evanc

Finally got out of Warsaw, but with the standard choose your own adventure style issues that came up... Wiper arm got all jacked up and got loose some how. After looking at the base where the splines are, well, there are only two left. No surprising for a 26 year old car, but was alarming to find this out on the motorway at 135 km/hr with the arm getting stuck at the 12 o'clock position.

I just had my stuff packed out and all my tools with it so didn't have anything... Guess it's time to purchase a new set from Castorama, the BMW special of course. 268 PLN later, all good, but how long will it hold? We shall see. We cranked the shit out of the nut holding down the wiper arm and hopefully it'll last the duration of our road trip.

Tonight we are in Berlin at a Youth Hostel with parking. It's way outside, but was less expensive and had free parking. That's what I like!

We drove 568km today from Warsaw to get here. Tomorrow we have a rest day in Berlin and meeting an old friend to watch the Germany Euro-Cup game in her town of Neukolln.

Oh and if anyone in Germany has a good condition wiper lineage and arm that the splines aren't stripped, I'm all ears! It's the simple things

If anyone is near by let me know.

Heading to the ring the day after tomorrow!

Anyone have a suitable e30 to take to the ring that can meet us on Thursday June 23rd?

Evan

Tanked and almost ready

Finally leaving Warsaw in the rain. I'd say it's an appropriate send off.

Last edited by evanc; 06-20-2016 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Adding photos!
evanc is offline   Reply With Quote