R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > General Technical

Old 01-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
aguiarjason
Noobie

Exclamation E30 won't start

Hi, so bought this e30 a while ago, been doing a bunch to it, can with the m20 with a badly setup turbo. So I started fixing everything up and i had installed a new fuel pump and when i went to test drive it blew a line and long story short my engine bay lit on fire. Now I had replace all the wires and lines that were affected, mainly the CPA wire. Now I have spark, but my fuel will cut in and out randomly. For example I have a fuel pressure tested hooked up, and usually I get zero, but a couple times every other couple days it'll start and show 25lbs. So i have been testing everything, CPA is giving 540, all of the ECU connections were tested and so far nothing. I have also tested the fuel pump, the connection to the fuel pump, as well as the fuse. When I jump the relay I get power to the fuel pump. What could be stopping the fuel ? I have hit a stump and do not know what to try anymore. Here are the ecu tests I did,http://www.rtsauto.com/ecu-pinout-an...cal-tests-e30/
aguiarjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 PM   #2
RobDog
Advanced Member

Sounds like an intermittent engine speed sensor problem. That is the forward of the 2 sensors in the bell housing of the transmission. The ECU uses this sensor to see a rotating engine and turn on the fuel pump.
RobDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:57 AM   #3
7pilot
E30 Addict

1, Body count of ancillaries that the engine needs to run.ICV ,fuel pump, MAF, CPS?
2, inspect the engine bay wiring for burn damage and then test electrically for continuity etc..

m
7pilot is offline   Reply With Quote