|04-01-2011, 11:50 PM||#31|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Sound, Washington State
Holy shit. Those Headers...
Need a part? PM me.
Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123
|04-02-2011, 12:00 AM||#32|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheridan, Wyoming----The Bay Area, CA
AWESOME MAN!!! Love where this is going!! I'm debating an S50 swap as well. Sub'd!!
|04-02-2011, 12:07 AM||#33|
Join Date: Oct 2010
My trans arrived with the same damage several months ago. I paid an experienced tig welder $30 to fix mine.
|04-02-2011, 07:47 PM||#36|
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Salem, OR
I'm impressed, you blew out the credit card in style. My piece by piece decade long part hoarding is getting on my nerves. Some day I can put it all together.
Anywho, where'd you get the soda blaster? Got a link? Will it damage aluminum stuff? I have so much greasy dirty aluminum I want cleaned, but don't want to pay someone else to clean it.
|04-02-2011, 07:55 PM||#37|
It's from Harbor Frieght. Search soda blaster and it's the 10# one.
It should be fine. That circular metal piece I blasted was aluminum and it didn't harm it.
|04-06-2011, 01:00 AM||#40|
Here's the engine before a thorough cleaning with some purple power:
For the most part clean, still had a few spots left courtesy of the oil filter housing which got removed.
And the opening taped up:
The next day started with painting! :O
While the paint finished curing, I decided to start replacing some things.
Before and after:
The Spec Stage 2 clutch came in:
Then I decided to use my new favorite tool. A bitch to load tho.
Those aren't new bolts.
Since the oil filter housing is nice and purty, I decided to start some reassembly.
Thread locked and torqued accordingly:
New oil pressure sensor:
New oil supply hose and hardware:
New filter kit with a matching new filter housing bolt:
Next I put the valve cover back on with some plastic wrap on it to stop some soda residue from entering the engine. (Still not done)
Flipped the engine over and started removing the bizzion oil pan bolts.
Took out the baffles, support bracket, replaced the pick up seal, pump nut torqued, red loctited, flattened the threads (it ain't going anywhere), and installed the E34 pick up.
The gasket was missing in my box of parts, so I should have that by Thursday. (It was ordered and paid for, but they just forgot it)
How she looked after that day:
Fast forward to today:
Driveshaft and linkage came in:
Installed the rear headers:
Got a new blaster, yay for warranties!
Put the AC bracket and pulley back on.
Finished up the headers:
This kit gives you 2 extra normal nuts for securing the studs:
And painted and installed some of the things that got blasted.
Not new hardware either....
And here is how it stands tonight. Still a lot more to do, but I can see the light.
There's a good chance there won't be an another update till this weekend, but we'll see.