R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > Off Topic Lounge > Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
joshh
R3V OG
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,187
Global Warming is over.

http://www.express.co.uk/features/vi...l-warming-over



Quote:
But this last point is one which Prof Curry has furiously rebuttted. In a serious clash of scientific experts Prof Curry has accused Prof Muller of trying to “hide the decline in rates of global warming”.

She says that BEST’s research actually shows that there has been no increase in world temperatures for 13 years.

She has called Prof Muller’s comments “a huge mistake” and has said that she now plans to discuss her future on the project with him. “There is no scientific basis for saying that global warming hasn’t stopped,” she says.

“To say that there is detracts from the credibility of the data, which is very unfortunate.” New research also seems to back up Prof Curry rather than Prof Muller.

A report published by the Global Warming Foundation, which is based on BEST’s findings, includes a graph of world average temperatures over the past 10 years and it is absolutely flat, suggesting that temperatures have remained constant.

Can we get our jobs back now! EPA eat shit.
__________________

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama
joshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Sagaris
R3VLimited
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,162
Finally! i've had a family of polar bears living with me since 2003 and their bathing habits have been driving me nuts. Time to send them back home.
Sagaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
mattdk318i
No R3VLimiter
 
mattdk318i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to mattdk318i Send a message via MSN to mattdk318i Send a message via Yahoo to mattdk318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagaris View Post
Finally! i've had a family of polar bears living with me since 2003 and their bathing habits have been driving me nuts. Time to send them back home.

well played sir
__________________
mattdk318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
herbivor
E30 Fanatic
 
herbivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,420
Why do you care Joshh? You don't believe in science anyway.
What's interesting is that the BEST study is just a compilation of all the "hockey stick" graphs that lead to the same conclusion, that temperature's are rising especially within the last 10 years. Even Muller, a conservative, came to that conclusion. So I wonder how his partner in the study, Curry, reaches the opposite conclusion with all the same evidence. Probably got a threatening call from the Koch brothers.
herbivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: in the great PNW
Posts: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivor View Post
Why do you care Joshh? You don't believe in science anyway.
What's interesting is that the BEST study is just a compilation of all the "hockey stick" graphs that lead to the same conclusion, that temperature's are rising especially within the last 10 years. Even Muller, a conservative, came to that conclusion. So I wonder how his partner in the study, Curry, reaches the opposite conclusion with all the same evidence. Probably got a threatening call from the Koch brothers.
this is exactly why you're so amusing herb
the guy's partner says his conclusions lack credibility, lack scientific basis, and you STILL say he's right.
at least you're predictable LOL
gwb72tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Kershaw
R3V OG
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 10,956
lol, the best part of this argument is that in 10 years im going to say i told you so.

:P

i can bide my time.
__________________
Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
mrsleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW MT
Posts: 15,162
^
Not if you are wrong, then I can say told you so
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
ck_taft325is
R3V OG
 
ck_taft325is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Sound, Washington State
Posts: 6,880
And then I'll say I told you both so!
__________________
Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123
ck_taft325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
dirtysix
E30 Modder
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Goodol NZ
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshh View Post
Global Warming is over.

Piss off! It's real and it's coming.
At least, it better be coming, I'm sick of paying these winter power bills.
__________________
dirtysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
gwb72tii
No R3VLimiter
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: in the great PNW
Posts: 3,364
Haaaaaaaahahaha
gwb72tii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #11
tjts1
E30 Mastermind
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raptured
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshh View Post
Can we get our jobs back now! EPA eat shit.
Sounds like somebody found his boogeyman.
__________________
tjts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #12
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
mrsleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW MT
Posts: 15,162
sounds like someone is painfully oblivious
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #13
tjts1
E30 Mastermind
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raptured
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
A New York-sized glacier is about to break off from Pine Island, a huge 30-mile 'tongue' of ice snaking out from the Hudson Mountains to the Amundsen Sea.
After an eighteen-mile long crack in the ice was photographed by NASA's Operation Ice Bridge last month, the scientists have flown a follow-up mission over the 'calving' iceberg.
The result is the first-ever detailed 3D measurements of a new iceberg 'being born'.




'We are actually now witnessing how it happens and it’s very exciting for us,' said Ice Bridge project scientist Michael Studinger, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
'To my knowledge, no one has flown a 3D laser imaging instrument over an actively developing rift such as this.'
Pine Island Glacier last calved a significant iceberg in 2001, and some scientists have speculated recently that it was primed to calve again.

But until an Oct. 14 IceBridge flight of NASA's DC-8, no one had seen any evidence of the ice shelf beginning to break apart. Satellite imagery seems to show the first signs of the crack in early October.
Pine Island has scientists' attention because it is both big and unstable – scientists call it the largest source of uncertainty in global sea level rise projections.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...=feeds-newsxml

I'm sure none of this is real, Its all just a left wing conspiracy. Those crazy scientists can't fool us.
__________________
tjts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title
 
mrsleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW MT
Posts: 15,162
Yes I am sure there has never been a city sized chunk of ice floating around in the worlds oceans before
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
herbivor
E30 Fanatic
 
herbivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsleeve View Post
Yes I am sure there has never been a city sized chunk of ice floating around in the worlds oceans before
Ever been to the arctic regions Sleeve or walked upon a glacier? There is some crazy shit happening up there that hasn't happened in thousands of years that go beyond the "natural cycles" of climate. We have measurable evidence of this. Make a trip to Greenland next summer and then let us know what you think about the Global Warming conspiracy.
herbivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 - 2020 R3VLimited LLC