R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Classified Forums > Product Reviews

Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #31
blackhawkimpact
R3VLimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyChowder View Post
Replaced mine with the Garagistic kit, MotoMeter, worked great for about 2 weeks and noticed one day my odometer quit working again. Next time I drove it was working. It's been working on and off ever since. I followed the directions perfectly and used the yellow stoppers on both exactly like in the pictures. Kind of frustrated, but it could have to do with something else. Any ideas?
Mine does the same. Works on and off. Haven't had time to check what's wrong.
blackhawkimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #32
garagistic
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
Mine does the same. Works on and off. Haven't had time to check what's wrong.
Check the spacer distance, it cannot be pushing down on the gear. Let us know if this is the issue, if not, we will make it right.
garagistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #33
bmwextremeguy
E30 Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to bmwextremeguy
WOW!!! Holy SHIT!! Are you kidding me? Garagistic, (excuse my language) $20-30 dollars for just the gears, that is stealing them with a evil grin . I remember over 10 years ago when I was working at a independant bmw repair shop there was a vendor that the shop used for fixing clusters and he charged us over $100 to $150 for just the gears to install them in cluster or any repairs was $250 plus.So when I had a car I bought and fixing small things to sell I would fix the cluster myself. And the owner of the shop saw me doing it. And I seemed to be the only one able to work on them at the shop so I had the upper hand. I had my precision Snap-On screwdriver set that I used and still have it to this day and tinker a little on the clusters parting them out and saving any euro faces or indicator warning pieces for my collection in tool chest. It was so bad with pricing from the outside vendor, that the shop asked me to start doing them myself and I would go to salvage yards to find whatever cluster I could and piece them together and I would do the whole set up for $150.00 Gears and labor of installing them at the price. So what you are selling is a bargain!!! I am so glad I know you are on here. Please email me at bmwextremeparts@yahoo.com. I am intrested in vendor or wholesale pricing as I have a bmw parts/car project business license and I would be intrested in multiple sets, Of VDO and motometer. So I can start fixing them for some of my customers and 2 bmws shops that I deal with and know very well. issues or no issues from what people may say, those look to be better then oem and a steal of a price! Just from the prior knowledge and exsperiance I have with this area over a 20 year spand. BMWEXTREMEGUY SHAWN

Last edited by bmwextremeguy; 11-10-2012 at 04:55 AM.
bmwextremeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #34
garagistic
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwextremeguy View Post
WOW!!! Holy SHIT!! Are you kidding me? Garagistic, (excuse my language) $20-30 dollars for just the gears, that is stealing them with a evil grin . I remember over 10 years ago when I was working at a independant bmw repair shop there was a vendor that the shop used for fixing clusters and he charged us over $100 to $150 for just the gears to install them in cluster or any repairs was $250 plus.So when I had a car I bought and fixing small things to sell I would fix the cluster myself. And the owner of the shop saw me doing it. And I seemed to be the only one able to work on them at the shop so I had the upper hand. I had my precision Snap-On screwdriver set that I used and still have it to this day and tinker a little on the clusters parting them out and saving any euro faces or indicator warning pieces for my collection in tool chest. It was so bad with pricing from the outside vendor, that the shop asked me to start doing them myself and I would go to salvage yards to find whatever cluster I could and piece them together and I would do the whole set up for $150.00 Gears and labor of installing them at the price. So what you are selling is a bargain!!! I am so glad I know you are on here. Please email me at bmwextremeparts@yahoo.com. I am intrested in vendor or wholesale pricing as I have a bmw parts/car project business license and I would be intrested in multiple sets, Of VDO and motometer. So I can start fixing them for some of my customers and 2 bmws shops that I deal with and know very well. issues or no issues from what people may say, those look to be better then oem and a steal of a price! Just from the prior knowledge and exsperiance I have with this area over a 20 year spand. BMWEXTREMEGUY SHAWN
PM sent.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #35
redsubdivisions
E30 Mastermind

Installed mine earlier this year. Still working great to this day.

All roundel family:
2002 330i - Daily Driven
2009 X5 30i - Wife/kiddie/grocery hauler
1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 42lb injectors, 14.7 psi, whodwho MS-PNP. Weekend toy

Der Freude des Besitzens ein alle BMW-Familie
redsubdivisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #36
nmlss2006
E30 Modder

Uh, sir, the set of gears has been available for $80 (if not less) for a VERY long time. Garagistic's price is great, but if you were paying $150 for gears, whoever was doing the buying didn't look very hard.
nmlss2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #37
JTDay
E30 Addict

Just installed mine a few days ago and working great
Old 11-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #38
ELVA164
R3V Elite

I bought these without the discount because I didn't do my research....but they were still reasonably priced and the gears are working great. Recommended!

Elva Courier build thread here!
ELVA164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #39
Ginsterman98

Just bought mine, thanks for not ripping people off! Great deal!

90 VW Golf, 01 VW TDI Jetta
98 VW GTI VR6 - 11.679@117.58mph Timeslip
96 VW GTI VR6 - 7.63@97mph

www.lugtronic.com
Ginsterman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #40
garagistic
Forum Sponsor

All orders shipped! Tracking numbers sent too.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #41
elbrack
Advanced Member

Found my answer. Great product btw!

Last edited by elbrack; 08-11-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
elbrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #42
garagistic
Forum Sponsor

To everyone who has tried our odometer gears (or any of our products) we would really appreciate your feedback/reviews/opinions.

We would appreciate it if you went to store.garagistic.com, found the product you purchased and left a review under the review tab. We would really appreciate it! Thank you.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
dougsic
Wrencher

Review submitted.

Installed the gears a year ago and still working perfectly. Thank you for a great product and an equally good tutorial.
dougsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #44
davesmystery
Advanced Member

I bought mine off ebay without the discount as well, but they were super helpful and they work perfectly. I made sure the spacers were inserted correctly (I used their business card as a sort of feeler gauge) and then tested it by rotating the gears for a while (but then I obviously put it back to the correct mileage).

Their video helped immensely with getting the E1 gear off and putting everything back together. It's an easy project that anyone can do, there's really no more excuse for broken odometers with this inexpensive kit. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #45
myfirst325
Advanced Member

Just read the thread and will order tomorrow. Just need to determine which cluster I have moto or vdo. I saw on another thread that the description on the face isnt necessarily accurate.
myfirst325 is offline   Reply With Quote