R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #76
KI4UJO
E30 Addict

I don't plan on using the classifieds here anymore either. Would much rather pay an annual fee and have the devoted r3v classifieds back.
KI4UJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #77
AwakenNoMore
E30 Fanatic

I too would be willing to donate to r3v and get rid of Panjo. I have a few things to put up for sale and I'm now quite hesitant to do so. I'd be more than happy to throw money in to keep this place afloat, It's a great forum.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
AwakenNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #78
Court M3
R3V OG

But there is an obligation to use Panjo for payment! I've used it on Bfc for awhile and still have yet to use Panjo for payment.

Reference

Originally Posted by george graves View Post
I'm keeping an open mind. But...my fear is that Panjo will force you to use their payment system eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crivellone View Post
And if they do we will drop using them, R3V will never require paying if the user chooses not to
Court M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:53 AM   #79
Staszek
E30 Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court M3 View Post
But there is an obligation to use Panjo for payment! I've used it on Bfc for awhile and still have yet to use Panjo for payment.

Reference

Originally Posted by george graves View Post
I'm keeping an open mind. But...my fear is that Panjo will force you to use their payment system eventually.
I dont care as much about the payment system (although I wouldnt want to use it) as that Panjo really loses visibility. Maybe its just me but I had no problem selling plenty of things on BFC and on this forum without it. And I havent sold one single thing on BFC now that they have Panjo.
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #80
WestCoastEta
Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyChowder View Post
I understand why it's happening and can support the idea, but Panjo can't even recognize my r3v username/password to post to the forum, which is pretty annoying. Is anyone else having this problem? It's only posted on the actual Panjo site now, which I have a feeling not many people look at...
I'm open to the idea of Panjo but I'm also experiencing this issue.

RoadHeadsMedia.com
ig:@roadheadsmedia
WestCoastEta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #81
Eric
R3V Elite

Send a message via AIM to Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I dont care as much about the payment system (although I wouldnt want to use it) as that Panjo really loses visibility. Maybe its just me but I had no problem selling plenty of things on BFC and on this forum without it. And I havent sold one single thing on BFC now that they have Panjo.
I've experience the same.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #82
mach schnell
E30 Modder

I posted some wheels for sale and I had to increase the listing price because Panjo said they're taking a percentage of the final sale price. I'm not going to list anything else until Panjo is gone.
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #83
Vincent Brick
Mod Crazy

I don't believe that will be using Panjo, but the idea of a paid membership is really disappointing to me as I am not in any position to pay and am lucky to even be able to afford owning a car at all right now. I feel like this whole thing really has the ability to push a lot of lower-income members away.

1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: Calypso rear bumper, 8"/10" Lukebox, 15x7-8" 4x100 wheels

TODD GLAZIER aka DYNOTECH MOTORSPORTS aka DTM of Vista/Escondido/Valley Center, California IS A THIEF/CON/FRAUD - BEWARE!!!
Vincent Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #84
varg
E30 Fanatic

I've seen the panjo thing go poorly on other forums, don't have a ton of experience with it though. On another forum I used to be fairly active on there was a yearly fund drive and people who donated more than a certain amount could access the custom title (changing the text under your username). I would kick in whatever I could afford, being a super-poor student at the time. Unfortunately I'm still a super-poor student but I'd kick in some bucks for sure.

raise the lowered
varg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #85
Staszek
E30 Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I've seen the panjo thing go poorly on other forums, don't have a ton of experience with it though. On another forum I used to be fairly active on there was a yearly fund drive and people who donated more than a certain amount could access the custom title (changing the text under your username). I would kick in whatever I could afford, being a super-poor student at the time. Unfortunately I'm still a super-poor student but I'd kick in some bucks for sure.
I did the same on another forum. It also gave access to a private group. It didn't cost much and it helped the site without everyone having to pay.
Staszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:40 PM   #86
rturbo 930
E30 Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Brick View Post
I don't believe that will be using Panjo, but the idea of a paid membership is really disappointing to me as I am not in any position to pay and am lucky to even be able to afford owning a car at all right now. I feel like this whole thing really has the ability to push a lot of lower-income members away.
I think it's more of a non-obligatory donation, not a requirement.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #87
pandaboo911
E30 Mastermind

Panjo is a good thing. Your stuff reaches more people and sells faster. What's wrong with that? Cmon people
Old 07-10-2016, 08:24 PM   #88
2mAn
R3V OG

Ive advertised stuff that isnt E30 specific on Panjo and have yet to sell any of it. However, I still get these "market updates" on stuff that I have zero interest in.

What happens to my current ads that are in the classifieds?
Simon
Current Cars:
-2008 C350 Sport... the daily?
-1984 BMW 318 The Aluminum Monster with Aluminum M52B28 and other goodies... cant be killed!
-1968 Datsun Roadster 2000 with Nissan Competition Package
2mAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #89
audiquattrot
No R3VLimiter

I just tried listing on Panjo too and I can even post it on r3vlimited via the Panjo site. The username and password don't seem to work. Aggravating

So if anyone is interested in these stickers let me know. I don't know where else to park it on r3v

http://panjo.com/l/314383

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Current:
'05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
'90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)

Past:
'88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
'01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
'90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
'89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Last edited by audiquattrot; 07-11-2016 at 03:52 AM.
audiquattrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #90
Adrenaline Junkie
Advanced Member

There should be a option, if people want to sell through Panjo or without Panjo.

Also I have a problem, I can't connect my R3v Username and Panjo account. Damn
Adrenaline Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote