R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Classified Forums > For Sale & Wanted > Cars For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
gazil
Wrencher

BMW 1991 E30 325I M3 S52 OBD1 SWAP CONVERITBLE HARDTOP - No Longer Available

BMW 1991 E30 325I M3 S52 OBD1 SWAP CONVERITBLE HARDTOP

I purchased this car bone stock in the beginning of 2014 from a private owner. The car is a real full M-Technic 2 appearance package. I brought the car to CAtuned in Sacramento and had all the work performed there. Before owning the car, I gathered all the parts for this project, which included the S52 motor, transmission and so on. Other parts include all the gaskets, nuts and bolts for the rebuilt. The motor went thru a whole rebuilt from the head to the block. I am the third owner, and the previous owner owned the car for more than 16 years. The chassis had 106k miles and the S52 ran strong before pulled. I have owned the car for more than 2 years now and have put less more than 2.5k miles on it and it drives great. I rarely drive as I take the public transportation for work so it is time for me to move on and let someone else enjoy. I also want to use the money to save up for a house. The car can be purchased for a lower price, if parts are removed. For example, the hardtop and wheels.

Condition of the vehicle:
Body - 7.5/10 Key mark scratch on trunk, scratches and dings throughout the car, crack on windshield. Paint is and clear coat still good.
Interior - 8.5/10 Wear on driver seat. No cracks on dash
Hardtop - Saggy headliner
Soft top - Need replacing

Motor -
1997 M3 S52/ Transmission
Dr.Vanos Stage 2
Arp Head Stud kit
Arp Rod Bolt kit
Gasket Kit
Piston Rings
Drive Belt Tensioner
Drive Belt Idler
Camshaft Position Sensor
Crankshaft Position Sensor
2 Knock sensors Brand new
Vanos/ Chain Shim
Head Bolts
Oil Filter Stand Gasket
Crank Seal Cover
Oil Filter
Spark Plugs
Crankcase Gasket Set
Pigtail Conversion
E30 Gauge Sender
Idle Control Valve Hose
Serpentine belt
Ground cable kit
Center Support Bearing
Bracket for Intake Hose
Breather hose for Valve Cover
Engine Oil
Injectors pink tops
New Fuel Lines
New Fuel Filter
WALBRO Fuel Pump

Cooling -
Coolant Expansion Tank
Stewart Water Pump
Thermostat
Water Temp Sensor for the Gauge
Water Temp sensor for the Computer
Mishimoto Radiator
Spal fan
Relay Kit for fan
Coolant

Intake -
Intake Manifold OBD1
OBD1 Fuel Rail
Castro Air Box
Afe 3.5' with MAF
MAF Boot
413 ECU for stock
413 ECU for Castro Intake
413 ECU for 3.5 maf

Transmission -
Manual Transmission Pedals w/ bracket/ box
Shifter Support
Transmission Shifter Bracket
Entire Shifter Assembly
5 speed Transmission brace
Shifter Boot at floor base
Shifter boot w/ bracket
Power Steering Fluid
Center Support Bearing
Flywheel bolts
Flywheel/ Clutch Setup
Transmission Fluid
Steering Guibo
Clutch Bolts
Flywheel bolts
Stainless steel clutch line

Wheels -
BBS RM001 15x7.5
Bridgestone RE71R 205/50/15

Suspension -
3.45 LSD
Subframe Poly Bushings
Trailing Arm Bushings
Front & Rear Sway bar links
Camber Kit Rear
CAtuned Coilovers new hubs

Brakes -
Front BBK Kit plus Rear Brake rotors- slotted w/ pads, spacers and cryo treated
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Brake Fluid

Exhaust -
Obd1 M3 Catalytic Converter Brand new
Magnaflow Muffler
Exhaust hangers
Oxygen sensor
V-Band & Couplers for exhaust
U-pipes for exhaust and pipe

Exterior -
Euro Headlights
Euro Plate filler
M-tech 2 lip Splitter
Hardtop

Interior -
M-tech 2 Steering Wheel
Zhp shift knob
OEM Wind reflector
OEM Black floor mats

Alarm
Viper 5902

I am probably forgetting a few parts here and there but here is an idea of most of the parts that went into this car. I have invested more than 30k into this car and no expenses were spared. I hope the next owner can appreciate the car as I have.

List Date: 1/4/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: BMW 1991 E30 325I M3 S52 OBD1 SWAP CONVERITBLE HARDTOP
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

gazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
mrsleeve
I waste 90% of my day here and all I got was this stupid title

I so want to say something
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
uturn
E30 Addict

I'll say it for you..... who did you piss off to have them crack your windshield and put that huge scratch on your trunk? Other than that, car looks great! Glws!
uturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:48 AM   #4
george graves

Quote:
Originally Posted by uturn View Post
I'll say it for you.....
If you fix that crack, and repaint the trunk, it might be worth twice as much!

(oh, that's from what I know of watching "house-flipping" shows on TV. So no - a car isn't a house - never mind)
Old 01-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #5
dnguyen1963
R3VLimited

Send a message via Skype™ to dnguyen1963
Nice car. You can fix the scratch by yourself with a kit from drcolorchip for about $40. I'm just curious to why the lug nuts not centered to the wheel holes. How are you going to put a socket in there if you need to remove the wheel?
dnguyen1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #6
gazil
Wrencher

Quote:
I'll say it for you..... who did you piss off to have them crack your windshield and put that huge scratch on your trunk? Other than that, car looks great! Glws!
I purchased the car like that, I was fine with both the windshield and the trunk as it didn't bother me much. I thought about replacing the windsheild with a coupe or sedan one and putting a maplight mirror but never got around doing it. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george graves View Post
If you fix that crack, and repaint the trunk, it might be worth twice as much!

(oh, that's from what I know of watching "house-flipping" shows on TV. So no - a car isn't a house - never mind)
I am not firm on the price, if anyone is serious I am willing to negoatiate. I'm not trying to make any money on this, as I'm loosing money. I have receipts from most of the parts from BMW, various vendors as well as all the labor receipts. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
Nice car. You can fix the scratch by yourself with a kit from drcolorchip for about $40. I'm just curious to why the lug nuts not centered to the wheel holes. How are you going to put a socket in there if you need to remove the wheel?
I was planning to repaint the whole trunk or replace it with a coupe or sedan trunk to delete the third brake light but never around doing so. I think it's from the angle I took the pictures that the lugs nuts look like that. Thank you

1989 325i Sold
2001 325i Sold
2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
1991 318is Rip
2005 Subaru Sti Current
1991 325ic MTech2 S52 Current
Old 01-07-2017, 05:21 PM   #7
mrsleeve

Quote:
not the direction I am thinking. Fuck it I will say what everyone else is thinking.

OP, consider this constructive criticism for asking a price that is at least 100% above premium asking prices.

With those things fixed it would be "decent" Not looks great. For this kinda money I would be expecting Concourse quality restoration, NOT NEEDS...... A soft top, saggy headliner in the hard top, BIG DEEP scratches needing the panel resprayed to fix and then blended into the fenders rear plate filler and your hard top to make it 100% right again (sorry touch up paint and polish is not going to hide that let alone for enough for this price point), Mashed windshield, ALL the seats needing redone, and a swap that needs about 40 hours of clean up work (form a shop has had some issues), Wheels with pitting clear (though valuable wheels still), looks like it needs at least a tire, a dent in the rear plate filler, plenty "normal ware" scratches. I am sure if the photos were not taken with a fucking flip phone from 2005, and were at least taken with a fisher price "babies 1st camera" we could find more shit wrong with it. Those photos are horrid, and noisy as all hell and show very little fine detail, ( I assume this is not by accident) Would be nice if they were all in focus as well. I cant even see what the carpet looks like, because the exposure is all blown out and over exposed or way underexposed in a shadowed area, not to mention the floor mats in the way.

Is it a rare options package with nice mods on a good condition 25 year old car, YES it is, and I applaud you for that, does it deserve an above average price, yup sure does, I think you will find your being a bit overly optimistic about the market price of your car. But then again I have been outta this chassis for a while now, and could be way off base.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
William Pitt-

Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-07-2017 at 05:39 PM.
mrsleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:08 AM   #8
george graves

My post was tongue in cheek. And...I'm with mrsleeve on this one. I'm not trying to bash you - or call you out - but this stuff is getting out of hand - and it needs to be reeled in a bit....

The busted windshield is a clue of how well this car has been looked after. Imagine how much love the rest of the car has received if the owner can't spring for a $200-$300 in new glass installed.

If you can get 26k for it - good on you! But, it's not going to happen on this forum without a few of us raising an eye brow or two.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #9
uturn
E30 Addict

I just liked the Purdy pictures......
uturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:09 AM   #10
gazil
Wrencher

Thanks for the input guys but the price I listed on the car was just a number, I know people will always lowball. That number is where I liked to sell the car and mostly it wont't happen. I didn't want to list low and have people offer me even lower. If I find a good owner for this car and they're are truely interested I would negotiate the price with them. I will take care of the windshield and trunk when I get more time on my hands.

1989 325i Sold
2001 325i Sold
2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
1991 318is Rip
2005 Subaru Sti Current
Old 01-08-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
Javier h
E30 Modder

Nice

Is the car BAR'd?

AC?

Beautiful car. Sure a few touches but it wouldn't break the bank.

Last edited by Javier h; 01-08-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Javier h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:37 PM   #12
gazil
Wrencher

No the car is not bar'd but it has all the components to pass. There is no AC but there is power steering. Thank you

1989 325i Sold
2001 325i Sold
2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
1991 318is Rip
2005 Subaru Sti Current
Old 01-08-2017, 10:24 PM   #13
KIRIEIW
R3VLimited

I remember seeing your car over at Peter Pan BMW, Good luck with the sale!

1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)
KIRIEIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #14
BMW_TUNER
E30 Enthusiast

It would help a lot if the car could be legally sold in CA. If it can't pass smog and it isn't Fully certed in CA it could cost the new owner a lot of money to get it to pass. No trying to bash just input.

The law---
A smog certification.
Smog certifications are good for 90 days from the date of the inspection. The smog certification is not required if a biennial certification was submitted to DMV in conjunction with renewal fees within 90 days prior to the vehicle transfer date. A statement to that effect must be signed by the seller or the buyer. A vehicle inspection report may be required for proof of certification.

The buyer could come after you with the states assistance to make the vehicle pass smog. You will have to register the car as non-op to legally sell it. I know there are lots of people who side step this process but that's usually for cheaper 2k cars not 23k cars.

1989 330IS -S-Fiddy-Some weight removed.
5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS. Like the LTW FLAG PM for Details.
BMW_TUNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #15
MR E30 325is
E30 Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by george graves View Post
The busted windshield is a clue of how well this car has been looked after. Imagine how much love the rest of the car has received if the owner can't spring for a $200-$300 in new glass installed.

If you can get 26k for it - good on you! But, it's not going to happen on this forum without a few of us raising an eye brow or two.
My thoughts exactly.
MR E30 325is is offline   Reply With Quote