X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking About buying a W123 Merc.

Yep...
    Thinking about buying a w123 300 turbo "D"
    looking for a straight running car.. would prefer it in black and or clean paint.

I'm thinking about building a long haul freeway flyer..
    Lowered, wheel flares, widened Steelies, built motor, upgraded turbo and induction system, propane injection... :nice:

I have this image in my head of a clean flared w123, bumperless smoothed
    bombing down the freeway with me at the wheel and loaded full of Russian girls on our way to Vegas..

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

I have a weird fetish for a diesel w123 wagon in that generic cream yellow color they all come in

What you SHOULD do is stay BMW and buy my e28 ;)
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

I had 3 w123s. 2 wagons and a coupe. Tanks. When pulling out across traffic passenger would say "clear right" then the driver would say "300td clear?"...
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
        I have a weird fetish for a diesel w123 wagon in that generic cream yellow color they all come in

What you SHOULD do is stay BMW and buy my e28 ;)
        Well you know... the E28 was on my short list...
        Post up info or PM me, I maybe in the market

my short list

1. w123 300d Turbo
        2. Bronzit e28
        3. w201
        in that order due to cal smog issues... :down:

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

do it.
          my first car was a W123 and i fucking loved that thing to death, it got hit in the fender, then lost compression, so i had to sell it. i wish i didnt. i recently saw a w114/15 with a 1/1.5/2jz swap in it and i was immediately jealous.

real great cruiser, comfortable for all 5 passengers, trunk space like a black hole, engine bay space like nobodies business.

i will get one another day, wether its a w123 or something else, i miss having an old MBZ

Comment

yeah man best cars ever, had a few of them. a shot ton of torque. used to push cars out of the way to make my own parking spots.

Comment

my w123:

my favorite w123:

Comment

that red one is sexy!
                im thinkin about getting 1 for my DD...

Comment

I had one as a daily for a while. Just had typical old car problems with the fixing leaks and another popping up. Rear main seal went and that requires pulling the motor and taking the crank out so I sold it. Super solid cars though and never left me stranded. Just a little to needy for a daily unless I refreshed everything. They are kind of a pain to work on and the vacuum system is pretty extravagant. I would like another though. People swear by the diesels but that was the rise and demise of them to me. Swap in a modern V8 and you got an excellent car. Mine was non-turbo and slow as piss.
                  Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
                    I had one as a daily for a while. Just had typical old car problems with the fixing leaks and another popping up. Rear main seal went and that requires pulling the motor and taking the crank out so I sold it. Super solid cars though and never left me stranded. Just a little to needy for a daily unless I refreshed everything. They are kind of a pain to work on and the vacuum system is pretty extravagant. I would like another though. People swear by the diesels but that was the rise and demise of them to me. Swap in a modern V8 and you got an excellent car. Mine was non-turbo and slow as piss.
                    Yeah mine was a 240d no turbo either. Slow as balls but such a solid car when it was brought up to speed. Tranny was auto and felt not that great tho.

Comment

This is what I'm going for just cleaned up more and with a bit more squat in the rear...

I totally love the look of this... :up:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00097.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	7158022

Comment

You got me searching craigslist and regretting buying a 4runner. The sedans are just too gangster with the euro bits. They are so well built aside from the boat anchor engine and trans which is hard to overlook.
                        Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

I used to own a 1990 w124 300D with 2.5 5 cyl turbodiesel. If you're looking for a highway car, the w124 is way more comfortable than w123. After going from an old MB to BMW, i found out that MB cars are built better than BMW as far as quality goes. The car was a tank, and I got rid of it mainly because i wanted a smaller nimbler car. I debated for a while between a w201 and e30 and finally decided to try an e30 because of all the hype I read and hear about them.

I understand your preference of W123 for its looks, but check out the W124 if you're serious about a comfortable long distance highway car.

...btw also, if you're after power, then look for the 1987 300D with the 6 cyl om603 diesel.
                          1991 325iA Sedan
                          -Calyposorot
                          -Sport Package
                          -5 speed swap

Comment

Cant say much about a 123, but I've had a 87 w124 turbo diesel & my current 190 diesel. 87 was the only year for the 124 turbo diesel so makes it a collectible.

the 124 was awesome. Miss that car so much. Great fuel mileage, but still drove like a gasser. The 190 is slower, but better on gas.

Only thing I can say is get yourself a mityvac. Replace all the vacuum fittings or what ever doesnt fit tight & check the condition of the vacumm pump check valve. If it goes out you can say byebye to your brakes.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

My friend has two of them. A turbo and a non-turbo. Their built like tanks, the vacuum system sucks, get yourself a mighty vac.

I'm considering one for a winter car, there's a while bunch <$1000 on craigslist right Now.

Stay away from anything pre-1980 with the Chrysler designed HVAC.

Their awesome cars. I would kill for a wagon.
                              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Working...
                              X