No announcement yet.

My '90 325is LS3 Swap Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, thanks. I'll probably just pick up some thread adapters if that's the case.... Sounds like an easy enough fix.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimateracing335i View Post
      I just looked at the sikky oil pan instructions. It says to trim the baffle. Did you do that?
      I just talked to them about this and they said it was just a precaution. Some applications require it and some don't, so if you're able to install the pan with no problems then you've got nothing to worry about.

Comment

That's good I was worried.

Comment

I trimmed mine just in case. Wasn't sure if it was needed and said fuck it and just did it.
          Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Did you wire in your bmw tach with the gm tach signal. I don't know what I need to get it to work.

Comment

awesome build
              sigpic
              323i MTEC1
              Z3 coupe
              E60 M5

Comment

bump
                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Is this build still among the living?

Comment

I know its been a hot minute, but finally got around to finishing this build. Pictures to follow.

Comment

Engine Bay:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200214_212500.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	9909030

Exhaust:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200206_112054 (1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	9909031

T56:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200104_130930.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	69.0 KB ID:	9909032

Fuel Cell:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20191220_115628.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	9909033

Rear End & Bracing:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0767.JPG Views:	0 Size:	90.4 KB ID:	9909034

Still a few things to be done. Gauges, tuning, fender flares, and debating a cage. Will get fire up videos pretty soon here.

Comment

Wow that exhaust looks great!
                        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

That exhaust tuck is niiiice.

Fair warning. My trans mount failed after a year or two. The design isn't great.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                            That exhaust tuck is niiiice.

Fair warning. My trans mount failed after a year or two. The design isn't great.
                            Interesting. Any idea if this has happened with other sikky mounts or if they've redesigned it since the original kits?

Comment

I haven't seen their latest. The main failure point is that the bracket is basically "glued" to the metal mount. So over time, it just separates.

Comment

Gotcha. I'll ask them about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X