No announcement yet.

Most fun GT4 car? Name yours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i could (and soemtimes do) drift the csl all day long. Am i the only one who can drift all the cars EXCEPT the drift cars?

Comment

How is drifting in GT4? I don't even own a ps2 anymore.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I just won the Minolta Toyota and the Formula GT4 (F1 car)

Both very badass.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
          I just won the Minolta Toyota and the Formula GT4 (F1 car)

Both very badass.
          I'd be curious to know which one you (or anyone else) think is faster when you get a chance to properly put them through their paces.
          -Patrick

Comment

The Minolta is alot faster then the F1 car. About 1 whole second in the 1/4mile.

The Minolta handles pretty damn good, but the F1 cars massive downforce makes its handling better.

On the back stretch of La Sarthe the Minolta gets all but impossible to keep straight at about 200mph.

Also worth noting, you can not modify the F1 car. Not even buy better tires. It comes with Medium R's and thats it.

Comment

The Minolta is alot faster then the F1 car. About 1 whole second in the 1/4mile.

The Minolta handles pretty damn good, but the F1 cars massive downforce makes its handling better.

On the back stretch of La Sarthe the Minolta gets all but impossible to keep straight at about 200mph.

Also worth noting, you can not modify the F1 car. Not even buy better tires. It comes with Medium R's and thats it.
              I can go faster in the Minolta at Nurburgring. Even around the corners.
              Maybe I just lack the skills to drive an F1 car.

And you can't even change the oil on the F1 car.
              Only thing good I have found about this is that it doesn't seem to wear out like the other cars. I have used it repeatedly in B-spec mode to get the prize cars from the endurance races and it never goes down in hp. I have almost 10k miles on mine now, no oil change and no hp loss.
              -Patrick

Comment

La Sarthe is very bumpy. This is what causes the high speed instability.

Comment

La Sarthe is very bumpy. This is what causes the high speed instability.
                  Raise the suspension up at la sarthe, it prevents you from bottoming out as much and makes the car much less twitchy.

-Charlie
                  Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                  '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                  FYYFF

Comment

i just won the f1 car... jumping in late, yes, but its the best

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfoure
                      How is drifting in GT4? I don't even own a ps2 anymore.
                      It's more realistic in a sense, but I think the tire burning is very unrealistic..... it's impossible to carry out a drift and exit at the same speed. Maybe with a steering wheel and pedals where you can properly apply throttle and steering control, but basically the more horsepower the car has, the more tire spin you get, and sometimes you'll go from a 100mph drift to a 0mph drift.

On Tsukuba's final turn, my 2002 goes in full sideways at ~120km/h and I lose the drift once I come to a complete stop. Either you lose speed to the point you leave the power band, or you bounce off the revlimiter which cases you to lose a huge amount of speed. And if you downshift in a drift, the latter applies as well.
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

New "favorite" car:

The 1991 Nissan Skyline 2.5 GTS. ~2800 pounds, 2.5 litre inline six making 170 hp with a 7k redline. I stuck in the "sports" suspension, dialed the camber to the exact specs my car has and picked up the "race" transmission, put in a 3.73 rear end and made the gearing as close as I could to the stock e30 box. It is actually very similar to how the e30 feels in real life.

-Charlie
                        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                        FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                          New "favorite" car:

The 1991 Nissan Skyline 2.5 GTS. ~2800 pounds, 2.5 litre inline six making 170 hp with a 7k redline. I stuck in the "sports" suspension, dialed the camber to the exact specs my car has and picked up the "race" transmission, put in a 3.73 rear end and made the gearing as close as I could to the stock e30 box. It is actually very similar to how the e30 feels in real life.

-Charlie

Hey Can you list said settings?

Comment

only got the game a few days ago but have brought SL65 and modded it upto 950kW, wheelspin is a bit of an understatement.

Comment

Renault Lutecia Renault Sport V6 24V Race Car
                              Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car

as of now

Comment

First post, yay!:

My most fun car is the caterham fireblade fully upgraded. Its a fucking hoot to drive.
                                '87 alpine white 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X