No announcement yet.

General megasquirt tuning questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITs definitley some sort of misfiring or something, I tried to bring it out, and its more visible in the RPM graph.
    Attached Files
    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

nobody? Maybe ill try to increase the data rate, see what happens.
      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

I think your wastegate is opening too fast, and if you are running wasted spark you are lighting the raw fuel.

The timing doesnt look like right. It advances and retards too fast at high rpm/high boost.

They could be tied together.

If I'm wrong, at least I made you look.

Jay from GC
        Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
        Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
        Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Hey, That is definitley a possibility, I am running Wasted spark. Ill do some different Wastegate plumbing with the boost lines . and see how it changes anything.

Im curious though:

Im begininning to think it might be my turbo failing. Because it sounds like the Intake/ exhaust is studdering, or "ruuuuuuuuuuuurududududuuduruuuuuuuu"(with an occasional bang) on accel. The problem seems to get a little worse as the oil heats up. Maybe I need thicker oil or something.

If you check on some of the DAtalogs above you see the map bouncing, which may be the turbo catching or soemthing, I have no Idea.

the car wont misfire If I let it Slowly Accel through the revs, only when I give it more than 1/4 throttle.

the AEM uego, is calibrated Correctly out of the box "according to the Manual" Ill definitley do the plugs though.
          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

After talking to Danny, he brought up a good point htat it could be a Bad injector, which would in turn be hidden behind the rich AFRS of the other cyls.

Ill pull the plugs tommorrow in the morn. hopefully the valve seals wont have coated teh plugs in oil, (puff of blue on the DECEL). so at least I can try to diagnose.
            [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Little update to bump the two posts above.

I found a spare inejctor I got, its 33.3 LB hr volvo injector, like the 4 in the car.

but I also found 2 Rx-7 Top feed injectors 460 CC Inj. They are denso top feeds 195500-1350 . It seems like the the actual Sprayer is a different size, etc, as well as the orings, and lengths of the injectors.

I plan to get bosch green tops in teh future, the 440 CC inj, but after stumbling on these im hoping for a trade, or maybe to sell them if thats possible.

any info on these as well as bump the thread.
              [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

well one injector was shitty, I swapped it out, and Im still getting the same POP POPP POP on Accel under boost, only in Second gear.
                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

WAHT THE fuck. I can not figure this out, I am getting so damn frustrated.
                  [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Little update

SO I pulled the plugs, and putsome other ones in there that are 2 steps colder. im pretty sure the seal in my turbo went out, cuase I get some faint blue smoke at all times, and my turbo is just caked in that shit.
                    could be the the rings thought cause I get some serious blow by as well.
                    Attached Files
                    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

nobody gives a fuck about no pictures.
                      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

how about you contact someone to tune it for you. you will probably have a hole in your piston by the end of this routine...

Comment

As in Drive it to a Tuner? OR have someone drive tune it.
                          I have a feeling my Wideband is Way off. ITs telling me its at 12:1 and yet, the car is acting like its not getting enpough gasoline. then I make it to 10 or 11 to one, and it starts running like it should.
                          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

have you verified timing with a timing light? timing map is only valid if base timing is correct.

Comment

what motor what turbo what is the setup?

Comment

This is a 1.8 L M10 Turbo with a garret Turbo .42 AR .40 Trim. 8.7 compression. ITs got ARP headstuds, and an MLS Headgasket. I broke my timing light :/ I only get to drive the car around the block once every two days if that. to get a basic data log. so I am not driving it for extended periods of time, at high boost at all. 8psi Max, with no more than 1/3 throttle. I think my timing may be off no more than 2 deg. because I had my Trigger wheel re-checked. but i'm driving it to a shop pretty soon as in this weekend for the timing verification.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by fiftytakedowns; 07-07-2010, 10:39 PM.
                                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Working...
                                X